Job Description Summary
The Research Analystreports to the local Market ResearchDirector. The Research Analyst isresponsible for supporting the development of local research output and thought leadership. Specifically, this position provides support for gathering and analyzing local market data and interpreting this information to identify trends in the market. Output of the analysis is used to produce research deliverables to be included in pitch and/or proposal materials and reflects opinions of various market dynamics. The Research Analyst is also accountable for accurate and proactive maintenance of our proprietarydatabasewith local market data, as well as pulling data from third party systems to support thought leadership and forecast development. This position is not specific to a service line, but may specialize by property type.
- Drive growth as an active team member of Cushman & Wakefield’s investment platform through innovative thought leadership in investor research and sales activity.
- Maintain database of investment sales using third-party sources and Cushman & Wakefield transaction data. Emphasis will be placed on collecting sale price data, cap rates, asset classes and general sales information in support of market analytics. Ensure the
- Contribute to the development of market intelligence reports . Make presentations
- Acquire and maintain an understanding of theinvestment market through participation insales meetings, engaging with thesalesteam and building relationships with key industry contacts.
- Provide support to the due diligence and sales teams by performing searches on corporate profiles and using the Toronto Real Estate Board’s MLS platform for availabilities/comp data, MPAC, the Geowarehouse search tool for ownership details, Realnet etc.
- Research zoning information and permitted uses using on-line municipal zoning maps or visiting planning departments where required. Monitor and collect information related to official plan amendments that would impact future land developments in municipalities within the GTA and GGH.
- Identify key decision makers/contacts to develop and maintain an investor mailing list. Track and collect investor activity.
- Work on specialized projects that improve systems and enhance information flow and further automate existing processes.
- Collaborate on projects and responsibilities as required, primarily in support of the investment sales process.
- Track Cushman & Wakefield listings and ensure they are accurately reflected on our global web site.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to prepare detailed documents, presentations, graphs and reports
- Strength in written and oral communications
- Strong financial & analytical skills
- Ability to thrive and multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to work pro-actively and effectively within a team
- Organized self-starter who shows great attention to detail
- Demonstrated professionalism and business acumen
- Experience and knowledge of the Commercial Real Estate industry is an asset
- Undergraduatedegree in a related discipline such as Urban Geography, Urban Planning or Commerce