WHO WE ARE:
NRC is a global leader in the provision of diversified environmental, industrial and emergency response solutions with a focus on providing highly responsive local service with the highest safety standards, innovative technology, modern efficient equipment and dedicated professional employees.
WHAT DOES SUCCESS LOOK LIKE AT NRC?
- We have a solid reputation that sets the bar high in our industry
- We’ve successfully developed a network of clients who value our services
- Industry knowledge and wealth of operation experience which allows us to provide a broad range of environmental, industrial and emergency response solutions and products
- An unyielding commitment to maintaining the highest operation and safety standards
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
Fundamental to everything we do is our commitment to valuing the talents of each individual and harnessing the combined strengths of our diverse work force. The people of NRC are committed to this partnership and are the cornerstone of our overall success. NRC provides a comprehensive benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company match, Paid Time Off and much more!
We are currently seeking a Project Manager to join our growing team!
On-site management and direct Project Management / Supervision of field (land) operations crews and/or marine operations crews including emergency response operations. Position will source, bid and manage projects per company/office guidelines. Adhere to and optimize strict compliance with corporate/office policies and procedures, established health and safety protocols, and all applicable local, state, and federal regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all aspects of assigned project services work, utilizing a staff of site superintendents, site supervisors, foremen, equipment operators, health and safety staff, and field technicians; ensuring profitability and health and safety compliance of projects.
- Manage all potential risks and liabilities of multiple projects through complete understanding of the contract documents and local, state and federal regulatory requirements to maintain and protect NRC’s best interest.
- Manage and develop cost estimates, proposals and productivity schedules in conjunction with the proposal development group to assure that well-scoped, competitively bid, and well-written proposals are delivered to a potential client.
- Manage and track all project related costs utilizing company generated forms and computer software to update the operations manager and/or accounting team of the current financial status of assigned projects at any given time.
- Preparation of project related documents – Health & Safety Plans, Permits/Notifications, Work Plans, Schedules, Waste Disposal Records, Summary Reports, and other job specific submittals
- Actively develop project staff through cross training and mentoring to maximize employee efficiency, ability and longevity.
- Oversee and assist in the safe operation and standards during all phases of performing the job duties required in the field monitoring crew for safety compliance according to the Health and Safety Plan to conform to eliminate accidents and/prevent injuries.
- Work to establish that all company procedures are followed in the care and management of company equipment and personnel.
- Interface in a professional manner with office management, client, and regulatory agency personnel on project-related issues to optimize compliance with applicable procedures and regulations. Office management include: Admin staff, GM/Ops manager, project superintendents, human resources, accounting, procurement, health and safety personnel.
- Manage and care for all company equipment to assure that it is returned in the condition it was mobilized in.
- Must perform in a teamwork atmosphere, persuading and leading subordinates to also perform as a team. Must perform work and may sometimes live in remote locations with crew for extended periods of time. Strong grasp of effective communication and problem solving skills to maintain a cohesive, productive work group.
- Provide technical support to account representatives through presentations and sales calls to increase NRC annual sales. Ability to market NRC services to new accounts, manage existing account base, and contribute to nurturing long term stability with client base.
- Keeps the Operations Manager/GM fully informed on status of project schedule, procurement needs (personnel, equipment, supplies), and potential problems that would inhibit completion of project on schedule and under budget as well as all target business development efforts. Reports all problems or unusual matters of significance and course of action taken to address them.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- A./B.S. in Engineering, Applied Sciences or Construction Management or 5 years equivalent civil and/or environmental construction work experience with progression to project manager position.
- Previous accountability for health and safety desired.
- 5 years’ experience as a field supervisor, scientist, or engineer within the environmental services industry prior to promotion to superintendent, technical services manager or project manager within the environmental services field.
- Must have well developed written and verbal communication, organizational, leadership, and supervision skills. Proficient in use of Microsoft software applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Must be willing to obtain OSHA 40-Hour Hazardous Waste Worker Training, TransportationWorkers Identification Card (TWIC),OSHA8-Hour Refresher Training, and OSHA8-Hour Supervisory Training.
- Must maintain an MVR that meets company policy standards.
- Ability to be on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week when needed, with travel across NRC's domestic and international footprints.
Successful completion of a pre-employment background and substance screening process including, but not limited to, employment verification, criminal search and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) search as well continued verification throughout employment to ensure that all records meet company policy standards.