IBM Global Business Service: Join a leader. Consult with us!
IBM Global Business Services helps top-tier clients solve their most complex business and technical issues.
With access to resources that only a global leader can provide, you will develop broad technical, industry and professional skills, work with a vast network of subject matter experts, and enjoy unparalleled career, training, and educational opportunities. In this role, the incumbent designs solutions from Maximo applications to automate business processes and meet business needs.
The resulting design may run on multiple platforms and may be integrated to multiple software packages and custom components. This role defines best practices in the critical evaluation and selection and / or development of the software components and hardware requirements of the applications and data, and the development of the application, including evaluation and selection of development methods, development processes, best practices and tools.
As a Data Consultant Maximo you will be responsible for applications-related quality, performance, availability, scalability, and integrity. The Consultant interfaces with the client ensuring the client gets maximum value from Maximo implementation.
Specific tasks include working with IBM clients to:
- Gather and effectively translate business requirements (e.g. business case, requirement specifications, non-functional requirement specifications & use case models specific to the Maximo solution) into technical solutions.
- Conduct gap analysis.
- Develop solution architecture and work with client IT and business teams to build consensus.
- Create macro & micro designs working with IBM and client development teams.
- Develop application framework and establish foundation and standards for code development.
- Lead development team members to develop, test and deploy application components.
- Lead proposal and Request for Proposal (RFP)/ Request For Information (RFI) response development.
- Lead and manage design and delivery engagements at client locations.
- Support and mentor other technical team members. Familiarity with multiple operating system platforms, application frameworks and tools would be a definite asset.
State / Province
City / Township / Village
IBM Business Group
Primary job category
Secondary Job Category
Role ( Job Role )
New Collar Role
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 5 years experience with leading developing data schema requirements, conversions and loading to Maximo.
- Experience with Maximo MIF, essential.
- English: Fluent
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- Minimum 6 years experience with leading developing data schema requirements, conversions and loading to Maximo.
- Experience with ETL tools such as Datastage: desirable.