Picture yourself adding your creativity toward game-changing innovation. Our businesses operate at the intersection of tax preparation and financial planning, and our competitive advantage lies in their unique combination. With award-winning products and services through our TaxAct and HD Vest brands, Blucora is on the forefront of financial tech, turning taxes into opportunity for our consumers, small business customers and tax professionals. We have a culture of creating market disruption; a place where big ideas, and those who think them, can flourish. If you’re interested in being part of a team that dreams large, talks straight, and helps millions of customers every year build their financial future, then we should talk!
TaxAct is looking for a Senior User Experience Designer to join a growing team of designers who are defining the future of tax preparation. The ideal candidate is a relentless problem solver, who is well versed in strategy, information architecture, and design aesthetics.
From brainstorming through implementation, the Senior Designer will work closely with the other designers on the team, as well as our product management, engineering, and marketing groups. The candidate has the ability to quickly grasp and distill highly complex matters into clean, understandable solutions. He or she has strong communication and organizational skills and uses analytics and A/B testing to make data driven decisions.
Major responsibilities of the position are listed below. To perform the job successfully, the individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Partner closely with Product Owners, Marketing and Developers to create a consistent end-to-end experience and ensure the tax filing process is as painless as possible.
- Utilize a range of inputs from user research, site analytics, usability findings and design standards to develop solutions that satisfy business strategies and objectives.
- Contribute to the maintenance and implementation of TaxAct Digital Style Guide standards in conjunction with Marketing.
- Ensure the consistent implementation and execution of editorial brand standards (design, experience) for all TaxAct products.
- Engage in ongoing user research to assist with qualitatively evaluating existing and planned content, and in identifying opportunities for new content.
- Quickly iterate on multiple interactive design solutions and work through details.
- Create sketches, process flows, wireframes, prototypes, high fidelity mockups and detailed specifications to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Other job duties as defined.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Digital Design, Graphic Design, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) or related field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of professional experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, graphic designer, or similar role.
- An online portfolio of work focused on user-centered design solutions.
- Fluency in best practices for mobile and web-based information architecture and responsive design, as well as deep and broad knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to adhere to deadlines.
- Brand strategy implementation experiencepreferred.
- Proficiency with common design tools such as Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.
- Experience performing user experience research, collecting data and summarizing actionable results.
- Experience with trends, quantitative research and/or data analytics.