RSM is looking for a Tax Manager to join an expanding employment tax group within our SALT practice.
This role provides an opportunity to join a high-performing SALT practice of individuals within our East Region and the ideal candidate with employment tax credentials will be asked to help build our SALT practice.
In your important role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Ability to integrate with clients and the overall RSM team to provide federal and state employment tax consulting - including M&A due diligence, refund reviews, risk assessments, worker classification, general employment tax assistance and other federal and state employment tax consulting
- Be able to provide written technical advice in the form of technical memos or other technical forms
- Responsible for managing taxassociates and seniors assigned to projects
- Providing timely, high quality client service that meets or exceeds client expectations with tax advice and consultation that enable clients to increase shareholder value
- Manage tax assignments and related projects
- Plan and coordinate the flow of information with the client
- Supervise, mentor and develop staff members
- Review work papers and tax returns
- Research and resolve technical issues
- Participate in the billing and collection process
- Expected to recognize opportunities for providing additional services to clients, marketing technical specialty or expertise to clients
- Expected to be the client point of contact for multiple engagements. Manager will be the face of SALT for their clients. Responsible for overall management of the engagement
- 5 - 6 years of technical employment tax consulting experience
- BS Degree in Accounting or similar degree
- Certified Payroll Professional ("CPP") designation preferred
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans. Job ID RSM576