Director of IoT Sales (Automotive, Connectivity)
Our client leads innovation in the IoT and integrated wireless space. Their solutions include embedded wireless modules, wireless networkarchitecture, and connectivity solutions for many industries, including automotive. The fastest cars in the world use their technology. They are hiring a Director of IoT Sales to oversee the team of regional sales manager marketing wireless connectivity to auto-makers.
The Director of IoT Sales is the leader of the technical sales team for Tier 1 and Tier 2 vehicle manufacturers. This person drives business development strategy for large embedded technology deals.
Their team will play a key role in the company’s global market presence.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus performance bonuses and a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, company match 401(K), expense account, car allowance, and more.
- Exceptionally high tenure in the sales department. Small, cohesive team of high-performing regional sales managers.
- Limited travel, with attractive international travel opportunities.
- High visibility to executive team.
- Price-competitive embedded solutions with an expansive product line. Highly competitive vehicle connectivity solutions that use cutting-edge embedded wireless and IoT/M2M devices.
- Strong relationships with OEMs and major carriers.
- Agilesales team with entrepreneurial mindset, backed by multimillion-dollar resources.
- Highly experienced leadership with deep telecom expertise.
- Company recently completed a successful expansion of its products into international technology markets.
- Company is first to market with some of the biggest emerging technology products worldwide.
- Opportunity to work with one of the most highly respected vehicle manufacturers in the world.
- Free attendance to major industry conferences, seminars, and trade shows.
- Lead a large sales territory and grow it to its full potential. Take advantage of explosive growth in the IoT connectivity, WiFi, and short-range wireless.
- Present connectivity embedded software solutions to global Tier 1 and Tier 2 auto-makers.
- Accompany senior sales members to pre-sales meetings for technology deals to gather and interpret business goals. Develop responses to RFQs and roadmap for high-profile sales deals.
- Deliver financialreports to executive management and assist with market forecasting and competitive intelligence.
- Drive sales to vehicle manufacturers for embedded solutions such as Bluetooth, WiFi, and IoT modules.
- 5+ years of advanced technical sales leadership, ideally with direct experience working for a major carrier or connectivity solutions provider.
- Deep knowledge of automotive industry, including major Tier 1 players, competitive landscape, legislative environment, and international markets.
- Understanding of relevant technologies, including:
- IoT/M2M embedded wireless modules and SIM cards
- Bluetooth, BLE, and short-range wireless networks
- Telematics and fleet management
- GPS and GNSS
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA is a plus.
- Strong technical presentation, negotiation, and sales skills.