This position oversees the Workforce Management team, which is responsible for accurate contact center forecasting, staffing and scheduling, real-time adjustments for support channels, and reporting on workload, forecast accuracy, and assorted contact center metrics. Planningmust include a balance of workload handling efficiency, customer satisfaction, and employee satisfaction, striving to maintain service level and occupancy at acceptable levels.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• 3+ years of contact center experience
• 5+ years of leadership and/or management experience
• Organized project management and time management skills
• Advanced Microsoft Excel knowledge preferred but not required
• Experience with Tableau preferred but not required
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Conduct regular meetings with relevant departments regarding forecasts and workload requirements to determine new or changing call volume drivers
• Provide accurate short term and long term workload forecasts to meet service level and occupancy objectives
• Coordinate with the Recruiting team to determine new-hire agent schedules to meet service level and occupancy objectives
• Maintain staffing and service level balance across multiple support channels
• Provide management with reports on trends in workload and staffing requirements
• Control master files with schedule information and shift preferences
• Research and recommend vendor and software for forecasting and schedule activities toensure technology used is in alignment with current forecasting needs
• Train team leaders, managers, and staff trainers on the use of workforce planning tools (e.g. status codes, schedule adherence, etc)
• Serve as a point of contact for emergency and non-emergency communication of events that affect the contact center hours of operation
• Serve as backup for WFM team members as needed
• Conduct annual performance reviews, coaching and development planning as needed
• Recruit and terminate team members with approval of the Director of Workforce
• All other duties as assigned
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
• This position is mostly stationary and will be required to remain stationary for extended periods of time.
• Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
SCOPE OF SUPERVISION/AUTHORITY:
This position is a management professional position. Responsibilities are performed with limited supervision from the Director of Workforce Strategy & Planning. Decision-making authority isbroad due to the scope of assignments. Decisions encompass management level decisions regarding department strategy, personnel and budgetary expenditures.