Director of Human Resources
CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for a Director of Human Resources based in our Buffalo area office. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges. The Director of Human Resources will develop, implement, and lead proactiveHR strategies and programs that support the firm’s purpose, engage and reward employees, and meet federalcontractor compliance needs in a highly creative multi-state, global firm. Primaryresponsibilities include:
- Partner with Benefits Manager and broker to ensure effective benefits strategies and programs, including practices in health self-funding, HDHP and HSA, welfare benefits, 401(k), and non-qualified deferred compensation plans. Implement rewarding total compensation programs for staff and officers. Conduct internal EEO pay equity reviews.
- Partner with Employee Development Manager and contribute strategies and leadership on complex employee relations matters such as internal investigations of allegations and complaints, behavior and teaming issues, conflict management, performance management, disciplinary matters, reasonable accommodation, terminations, and administrative charges.
- Partner with Recruitment Manager regarding the strategies and efforts for candidate relationship management, offer negotiation, and immigration matters. Contribute strategies for recruitment and retention programs that build diversity and inclusion.
- Partner with the Director of Organization Development on overlapping areas such as performance management, employee engagement, development of employees, compensation cycles, and diversity and inclusion.
- Research and guide global HR employment and benefits practices in India, the United Arab Emirates, Canada, and where needed.
- Foster understanding of cultural differences and assist in establishing practices that respect local cultures and regulations while working within the culture of the firm.
- Participate in merger and acquisition due diligence process and integration of benefits, policies, practices, and compensation.
Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 10 years of experience required. HR major or concentration preferred. Masters in HR or MBA and SPHR or SHRM-SCP certification preferred. Knowledge of US and Canadian employment law. Experience leading an HR team. Experience with 401(k)s, establishing employee benefits strategies, developing and conducting HR training, and determining strategies for complex employee relations matters required. Experience with self-funding, 409A, a creative professional workforce, and a federal contractor environment a plus. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Exceptional leadership and mentoring skills, people skills, high emotional intelligence, and ability to connect with and motivate others. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
Job ID: WNYDIRHRV103017