Environmental Project Manager – Natural Gas
At POWER Engineers, Inc., you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you will have the chance to make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diverse and unique initiatives, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. We encourage new ideas and fresh approaches and most importantly, we strive to be our clients’ first choice. These traits – and deep technical skill – account for our success.
Roles and Responsibilities
POWER Engineers, Inc. is currently seeking an Environmental Project Manager to complement our Natural Gas Team, ideally this candidate would be located in our Houston, Texas office but flexibility is available depending on the candidate’s qualifications. In this role, you will work closely with our pipeline industry experts, all of our environmental disciplines, and internal and external clients to help execute environmental siting/permitting and planning for pipeline projects.
- BS in Engineering, Environmental Planning, Environmental Science, or related environmental science degree
- Minimum of five years’ experience coordinating or managing environmental permitting and planning for natural gas pipeline projects
- Experience with FERC permitting of natural gas facilities
- Experience and solid skills in environmental planning and analysis, regulatory compliance, public involvement, technical writing, and project management
- Working knowledge and demonstrated experience in federal and state environmental policy and regulation
- Expertise in regulations pursuant to the Natural Gas Act administered by FERC with a working knowledge in other environmental regulatory schemes
- Must have strong communication skills; defining and understanding client requirement’s, managing expectations, communicating with project staff, and department management
- MS in Engineering, Environmental Planning, Environmental Science, or related environmental science degree
- Experience in written proposals and presentations
- Having a strong interest and passion to engage in activities necessary to generate business and develop new business leads is preferred