Zoetis is a global animal health company dedicated to supporting customers and their businesses. Building on 60 years of experience, we deliver quality medicines and vaccines, complemented by diagnostic products and genetic tests and supported by a range of services. We are working every day to better understand and address the real-world challenges faced by those who raise and care for animals in ways they find truly relevant.
The primary responsibilities are to manage a network engineering/implementation team and support project delivery deployments of networking components to all of Zoetis. This team provides architectural network designs and operational direction for all of Zoetis’s voice and network infrastructure. This position will ensure that work is distributed to the direct team of employees as well as managed service providers. The candidate must be able to prioritize a dynamic list of initiatives and make the necessary changes to priorities as the business need changes.
- Lead a team of technical engineers by organizing and scheduling the workload for efficient distribution and exceptional delivery.
- Drive strategic alliances especially with technology partners that enhance the business units competitive positioning.
- Ensure that projects are properly architected and carried out in a timely fashion.
- Work in a consultative fashion with other department heads as an advisor of technologies that may improve their efficiency and effectiveness.
- Monitor progress for each team member and provide coaching, assistance, and training when necessary
- Generate monthly reporting that indicate current status of all aspects of Network Services.
- Develop and evaluate business cases.
- Interface with other leaders to ensure that problems arising during design or implementation can be resolved in accordance with the fundamental architectural concepts, and user needs.
- Manage the tasks of the team and distribute work according to skill and current workload.
- Manage the creation of documentation for existing, undocumented, technologies and architectures.
- Promote cross training and diversity within the Network Services team.
- Develop managers and colleagues to their fullest potential and provides challenging opportunities that enhance career growth. Recruit and develop appropriate talent pool to insure adequate bench strength and succession planning. Recognize and reward colleagues for accomplishments.
- Develop departmental budget. Accountable for performance against financial parameters and monitoring and reporting on budgetary aspects within own area.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or similar field is required
- Master’s Degree is preferred, but not required
- 8-10+ years of experience in a voice and network operations group is required
- Prior management experience is preferred
- Experience delivering highly-available business critical services with maximum uptime requirements.
- Technical expertise with multiple network platforms, including significant experience with Cisco Technologies.
- Proven track record in managing projects and budgets on aggressive timetables.
- Experience in pharmaceutical or life sciences industry is preferred.
- Cisco Technologies
- TDM and VoIP phone systems
- Voice recording systems
- AV Systems
- Wireless networks
- Possess and display excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to convey information to internal and external customers in a clear, focused and concise manner.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple priorities, and work in an unstructured environment.
- Ability to effectively utilize colleague and contract resources to achieve goals.
- Clear understanding of IT Infrastructure lifecycle: Architecture, Design and Operations. Working knowledge of all areas of IT Infrastructure.
- Ability to identify and prioritize continual improvement opportunities, including developing improvement approach alternatives, opportunity cost and estimates of net benefit impact.
- Ability to develop business focused strategy outcomes that articulate service direction.
- Ability to manage multiple Service Providers from a technical, project and financial standpoint.
- Experience managing medium to large scale, global IT projects.
- Familiarity with system development, and operational process methodologies.
- Strategic thinking and analytical skills.
- Customer focus.
- Timely decision making and problem solving skills.