The Retail Marketing function at Bridgestone is accountable for turning brand communication campaigns into customer-specific marketing plans. The Senior AssociateRetail Marketing Manager is accountable for leading retailer-specific marketing initiatives that engage shoppers along the purchase journey influencing their buying behavior. This position will collaborate equally with Brand and Digital Marketing teams as well as Sales teams to create programs that align with both customer and brand objectives and drive growth through sell-in via big activation ideas and sell-through via demand creation.
- Build and execute comprehensive retailmarketing plans to drive sales of Bridgestone and Firestone consumer replacement tires at national accounts.
- Integrate with Brand and Digital Marketing teams in the development and execution of retailer programs with a consistent consumer experience across all touch-points (national retailers in-store, TV, mobile, digital, social, etc.) and that grow the category, build brand equity, and drive incremental merchandising.
- Manage creation of in-store materials, including point-of-purchase communication, temporary displays, promotional materials, and other resources to enhance in-store experience.
- Successfully manage agency and vendor relationships to deliver flawless execution of programs through strong project management, budgeting, creative briefs and conformance to objectives.
- Internalize and translate shopper, customer, category insights and segmentation into stronger, more impactful ideas and retail plans.
- Maintain excellent relationships with key retail stakeholders to establish Bridgestone as partner of choice and leader in tire retailmarketing.
- Develop and implement learning plan to measure and track program results and dealer satisfaction
- Complete full analysis of programs including expected return based on sales and consumer data, sell-in, and post-program evaluation.
- Synthesize pricing, distribution, and sales information to make informed business decisions.
- Manage budget, advertising scope of work, and key deliverables.
- Monitor and benchmark competitive activities and strategies.
- Minimum four-yearBachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
- Minimum of 5 years total or 1-2+ years post-MBA work experience in brand management or shopper marketing that includes working directly with retailers/dealers.
- Ability to lead and motivate cross functional teams in developing marketing programs and strategy
- Take charge mentality with a “roll-up-your-sleeves” orientation, serious commitment to accountability and ownership, and a strong work ethic
- Ability to integrate information from a number of sources to arrive at conclusions. Must be able to use intuition, logical reasoning, and innovation to solve problems.
- Ability to plan and manage at both the strategic and operational levels, including demonstrated project management skills
- Ability to manage multiple and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Upward potential to move into brand, sales, or retailmarketing manager role and beyond