Essential Job Functions
- Develops, modifies and tests moderately complex applications software to improve efficiency of business operations.
- Performs modification, testing and debugging tasks on vendor supplied utilities and packages to ensure fit with current operating environment.
- Prepares detailed specifications for higher level programmers and developers to use in product design and development.
- Produces program and user documentation for applications developed within the department to ensure that client access to product is efficient and user-friendly.
- Designs, codes and maintains moderately complex applications to ensure applications are efficient and updated on a regular basis.
- Assists personal computer staff with moderately complex support issues to ensure that issues of significance are resolved in a timely manner.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, computer science or related field preferred
- Three or more years of systems programming, systems development experience
- Experience working with appropriate application programming, programming languages and analysis procedures
- Experience working with software, systems, applications and network markets
- Experience working with company software and hardware products and client software needs and hardware equipment
- Experience working with data warehousing standards, strategies and tools, and company testing methodologies and other relevant technical procedures
- Data analysis and software testing skills to test program modifications and enhancements
- Analytical and problem solving skills for design and development of application software packages
- Personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Communication skills to communicate with other team members, customers and management and to provide documentation to relevant personnel
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
DXC Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin,
citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age (40 or over), or genetic information. DXC's commitment to diversity and inclusive selection practices includes ensuring qualified long-term unemployed job seekers
receive equal consideration for employment.
Requisition ID 1700RWQ