Job ID: 20170920-10048-EF
Verisk Analytics has an amazing story to tell. In 2016, Forbes magazine named Verisk Analytics to its World’s Most Innovative Companies list and to its America’s Best Large Employers list. If you’re looking for a career that transforms, inspires, challenges, and rewards you, then come join us.
At Verisk, you can build a rewarding career with challenging and meaningful work; create a positive, lasting impact on the business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. Our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business-casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advancedtechnologies, and an excellent benefits package.
Verisk Analytics is a leading data analytics provider serving customers in insurance, natural resources, and financial services. We’ve been delivering data, analytics, and decision support services to our customers for more than 45 years. At Verisk, you’ll be part of an organization that’s committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including thecommunities where we operate.
Our Claims Analytics business is seeking an experienced Lead Data Scientist to serve as a technical resource in the conception and development of new predictive modeling initiatives. *Candidates could work out of either Jersey City, NJ, Lehi, UT, or San Francisco office.
- Support the organizational strategy and manage projects or innovation streams
- Suggest and develop innovative analytic methods that result in a technically superior product and/or create a competitive advantage, as well as meet design requirements and projecttimeline
- Lead research, evaluation, and recommendation of internal and external data sources and coordinate with data resources
- Serve as the senior technical expert for leadership on data cleansing, variable creation, variable transformation, etc., as well as best-practices in the creation of analytic datasets
- Serve as the consummate technical expert in model development and validation analyses - from driving pragmatic practice of methods to devising novel solutions and diagnostic measures, to coaching and mentoring junior staff
- Act as senior technical expert in development and execution of methods to address needed business diagnostics; review, and aid productization and deployment
- Provide significant input to senior leadership team and Product Management on process improvement, implementation specifications and production testing
- Act as senior technical expert to develop process and metrics to monitor model performance
- Review reports and make recommendations for needed model refits / enhancements
- Provide input to Senior Management Team and Product Management on implementation specifications and production testing
- Research literature to stay current on technical methods to solve specific problems
- Graduate degree (M.S. required, Ph.D. preferred) in a quantitative discipline
- 5+ years professional experience building predictive and descriptive models
- Exposure to the property & casualty industry is highly desirable, and experience withmedical, clinical, fraud & abuse and pharmacy data analytics is a plus
- Prior people management experience is a plus
- Ability to lead complex projects from model design to deployment
- Extensive experience working with large datasets
- Knowledge, experience, and expertise in diverse statistical and data mining techniques (e.g. - image mining, IoT analytics,GLM/Regression, Boosting, Random Forest, Trees, Clustering, PCA, SVM, text mining, social network analysis etc.)
- Ability to program and review code in Python, Spark, Scala, R, or SAS is highly desirable
- Experience with Big Data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Hive, NoSQL, etc., and Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, etc.) is highly desirable
We offer an excellent compensation package. Our benefits package is competitive and includes full healthcare options, a 401(k) plan, and a generous Paid-Time-Off program.
All members of the Verisk Analytics Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected classification.