BNY Mellon has established a network of Innovation Centers which act as catalysts for change, and are designed to advance our overall Innovation Strategy. These centers are built in our major locations (Pune, London, Chennai, Silicon Valley, Jersey City, Pittsburgh, Singapore, etc.) with additional centers in the pipeline across other global cities.
All of the Global Innovation Centers have common goals to position BNY Mellon as an industry leader, drive culture change within the company, attract and retain top talent, and advance the focus of each center.
Each center also has a focus area or theme they are working to advance. In Pittsburgh, that theme is aligning business with technology.
The innovation center head will work to advance these goals by engaging with thought leaders both inside and outside the company to establish relationships, engage in events and position their center as a key contributor within the community. The innovation head is the primary point of contact for the center, hosting client engagements, employee engagements and external community engagements (i.e., meetups). The innovation center head will manage a team of engineers and engage with thought leaders, clients, peers and the rest of the organization as we transition to our Next Generation (Nexen) platform.
Nexen is BNY Mellon’s next generation technology platform that consolidates BNY Mellon’s services, third-party and client solutions in to a single, intuitive and powerful platform that delivers a consistent client experience for BNY Mellon technology, regardless of product, service or region.
· Heading the Pittsburgh Innovation Center as part of the Global Innovation Center Team, aligned with Client Technology Solutions (CTS) Leadership and other Global Innovation Centers to front conversations with our clients, staff and other key stakeholders
· Maintaining alignment with other CTS groups, CIO, Vison and Strategy, to focus on promoting CTS Digital and Innovation Capabilities, including Disruption and Lean/Agile execution techniques, to facilitate integration of successful prototypes into BNY Mellon deliverables
· Act as evangelist for design thinking, agile, and NEXEN ecosystem to drive quicker speed to market of solutions
· Delivering regionally impactful solutions, promoting the education of internal and external customers and markets of BNY Mellon's IT / Digital credentials and creating meaningful solutions
· Build and maintain strong working relationships with key clients, internal and external customers and sponsors. This could include FinTech startups, Incubators, Accelerators and other key influencers. Engage in collaborative activities with these groups
· Build bridges of learning for the wider organization, enhancing BNY Mellon’s reputation as a thoughtful and knowledgeable player in the FinTech field, proposing pilots as appropriate and forging relationships to enhance client relationships
· Work with the lines of business to articulate their digital proposition and ‘digitize’ their workforce
· Engage with the FinTech ecosystem to ensure the BNY Mellon body corporate stays informed and appropriate candidates for the AppStore are identified
· Build and maintain a high performing hybrid team to run and support all activities of the center
· Articulate value of innovation center
· Participate in the revenue generating process
· Leverage resources in other teams to drive new sales, using the innovation centers as a vehicle for engaging clients
· Know, understand and articulate projects that are going on in Innovation center
· Collaborate or own, develop and convert the client pipeline from strategic engagement to prototype design and execution
· Maintain the Center to the highest standard and ensure it is fit for purpose and available to be used by clients
· Collaborating with colleagues including IT Marketing and IT Compliance on all public communications (including social media and client presentations) prior to dissemination
· Maintain a monthly Scorecard showing attainment against key KPIs promoting transparency
The ideal candidate will have a technology background with solid experience of Cloud based systems, Big Data and Application Programming Interfaces (API). Digital literacy and enthusiasm for emergent technology is a must!
· Experience within a Start Up, FinTech, Incubator / Accelerator would be preferential as we are looking for a ‘Blue Sky’ innovator who can drive execution against a given set of deliverables
· Previous management of a technical team
· Strong communication skills are essential along with a proven track record of presenting to clients, media or colleagues
· Key attributes - self-motivated / self-starter, high energy, ability to seek out information, ability to quickly build networks