You are self-motivated with a proven track record in enterprise systems administration, specifically public/hybrid clouds. You like working in a collaborative, team environment; but are also capable of completing projects on time and on your own, when needed. You look for areas to improve processes and procedures and work well in a cross-functional capacity. You like to learn and evangelize new technologies. You are comfortable educating and training others on cloud usage and best practices.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide oversight and guidance on JHA’s public cloud usage.
- Onboard internal teams into JHA’s public cloud for Dev/Test and Production usage.
- Help drive current solutions and engineer new ones for the various aspects of cloud management: cost and optimization, governance, security and identity, etc.
- Proof out cloud-native and third party tools to solve business requirements around cloud operations.
- Be a cloud evangelist and help drive public cloud adoption within the department and the organization.
- Assist with the other Platform Operations’ services.
- Must have a minimum of 6 years of experience in Windows administration
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience running production enterprise workloads in Azure.
- Experience with multi-cloud solutions and other cloud platforms (Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services, etc.).
- Experience with 3rd party tools to aid in cloud management (Dome9, PowerBI, Hashicorp, Chef, etc.).
- Experience with modernscriptinglanguages (PowerShell, Ruby, Bash, Python).
- Experience with automation tools (Chef, System Center Orchestrator, Microsoft Service Management Automation, Azure Automation, Ansible, Salt, Puppet, etc.).
- Experience with Linux in an enterprise setting (RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu).
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM/DevOps.
- Experience working in an environment that practices ITIL.
- Applicable industry standard certification(s) preferred.
- ITIL V3 Foundation Certification or ability to obtain certification within 6 months.
- Performs routine assessment of all JHA cloud environments and tracks, analyzes and reports on overall health of environment.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of the cloud infrastructure capacity forecast.
- Performs virtual server provisioning and configurations as well as initiating requests for supporting cloud infrastructure components.
- Works with IT Security team to ensure the cloud environments aligns with IT Security compliance.
- Develops and maintains cloud infrastructure user access roles.
- Collaborates with other business units as necessary to evaluate cloud readiness of services.
- Attends and contributes to projects to migrate services into JHA cloud environments.
- Develops and improves automation of cloud service processes.
- Improves monitoring of cloud services.
- Works closely with Tier 1 Cloud Support Techs and the Cloud Services team to remediate issues and fulfill support requirements.
- Consumes services from supporting technical groups and provides cloud component services to consumer business units.
- Fosters the growth and development of the ITIL Foundation framework for service management.
- Responsible for validating billing metering data collected for the cloud-based service offerings.
- Performs periodic recovery testing of disaster avoidance plans.
- Participates in on-call 24x7 support rotation.
- Performs essential functions required for effective system backup and restore testing.
- Documents and implements system procedures, policies and events.
- Implements and monitors corporate security policies.
- Implements system enhancements (software and hardware updates) that will improve the performance and reliability of the system.
- Troubleshoots and resolves customer and internally-reported system problems.
- May assist support groups with applications installed on servers.
- Maintains awareness of current tools, methodologies and technologiesassociated to IT support and cloud management.