The CV Specialty Representative role, based in Halifax or Moncton, is a field-based position focused on selling Sanofi’s innovative cardiovascular medication. The Representative is directly responsible for implementing the Sanofi Plan of Action to ensure maximum patient acquisition and product uptake of Sanofi and co-promoted products in compliance with applicable laws as well as Company and Industry acceptable practices as more fully set out below. The incumbent will be expected to grow the business in a highly competitive and demanding environment, develop relationships with key customers (mostly Cardiologists and Lipid Specialists), influence the adoption and continued usage of the product and uncover unique business opportunities. S/he ensures continued adherence to the applicable Sanofi Policies and Procedures and in particular the Sanofi Code of Conduct and the Innovative Medicines Canada Code of Ethical Practices as amended from time to time.
The Successful CV Spec rep will:
- Meet or surpass all financial and strategic objectives for the territory
- Develop a bank of advocates for our products and solutions
- Contribute to the overall success of the team
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES FOR THIS JOB
- Achieve/surpass sales objectives and effectively manages territory budget
- Uses territory and customer information and knowledge to identify market opportunities in order to influence targeted health care professionals to support the use of Sanofi promoted products
- Deepens relationships and builds influence with advocates / customers
- Develops advocates, influencers and speakers to support our business needs
- Maximizes Hospital sales and influence by ensuring formulary inclusion for Sanofi products and developing hospital and discharge protocols to optimize patient treatment
- Aligned to strategy, develops and executes approved area plans to a high standard ensuring maximum impact of company and product messages in line with the product monographs and ethical standards.
- Measures and evaluates impact of territory plans and rapidly adjusts accordingly to maximize performance
- Manage company resources efficiently and effectively.
- Acquires / consistently demonstrates the Sanofi selling model to a high standard and navigate complex selling situations
- Demonstrates solid understanding of the patient journey, applying this in customer calls and internal discussions to maximize customer engagement
- Identifies needs at the institution/community/territory level and provides a broad scope of valuable information and services to individuals and groups that help them be more successful.
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of their healthcare environment, provincial health policies and healthcare system and leverages this to positively impact Sanofi business
- Demonstrates a deep understanding of the access and reimbursement environments within their assigned geography and utilizes this knowledge to maximize patient access to Sanofi products
- Tracks trends in institutional, physician practices and analyzes these to identify new opportunities to build Sanofi’s influence
- Understands and leverages opportunities within local health systems
- Responsible for KOL Development Plan and the cascade of influence throughout their assigned geography
- Demonstrates technical, therapeutic and market knowledge
- Contributes to team selling efforts through active collaboration and sharing
- Contributes to team problem solving
- Collaborates effectively with other functions (Regional CE, MSL, Access etc.) to achieve customer and organizational needs.
- Using available data and territory knowledge, measures and evaluates impact of execution.
- Develops and gains approval for recommendations to adjust tactical plans as necessary to maximize performance
- Management of assigned resources / budgets
- Attend local, regional and national meetings as required
- Successful complete all required training in a timely manner
- Proper maintenance and protection of all Sanofi property
- Timely and accurate completion of call reporting, expense reporting.
KEY REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS JOB
- University degree with ability to learn medical information
- Minimum of 5years of experience in health care sales.
- CV Sales in the last 3years an asset
- Proven ability to succeed in a competitive market.
- Ability to present effectively to individuals or groups
- Superior analytical and planning skills
- Ability to work independently to execute strategic and tactical plans under tight timelines
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills
- Strong project management and organizational skills. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Valid Driver’s License
- Biologics experience an asset
- Medical device sales an asset
- Experience selling products with a patient support program
- Master’s degreepreferred
SPECIFIC SKILLS AND/OR COMPETENCIES
- Business Acumen
- Negotiating skills
- Act for Change
- Strive for Results
- Commit to Customers
- Cooperate Transversally
- Communication skills (Presentation, selling, listening)Organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Dealing with ambiguity, agility
- Political Savvy
- Problem solving
- Sanofi and Canadian rules/standards on sales and marketing practices
English - Excellent Knowledge
French - An Asset
- Specific to the territory
- Above average computer skills (Microsoft Office and use of a tablet)
Sanofi is a global healthcare leader focused on patients' needs, engaged in the research, development, manufacturing and marketing of therapeutic solutions focused on patients’ needs. Sanofi has core strengths in diabetes solutions, human vaccines, innovative drugs, consumer healthcare, emerging markets and Sanofi Genzyme.
At Sanofi, our ambition is to be an integrated global healthcare company, focused on patients’ needs. Much more than just a leading pharmaceutical company, Sanofi is committed to transforming scientific innovations into solutions and services that protect health, enhance life, and respond to the needs of the 7 billion people in the world. We trust our ambition to guide and inspire us as we work to create a future with optimal health and wellness for everyone.