The Quality Analyst Sr, provides project management for a variety of quality and performance measurement initiatives throughout Florida Hospital, such as data analysis and reporting for operational/clinical departments, external benchmarking efforts, “quality of care” and clinical outcome performance tracking, and measurement support for patient safety improvement efforts. Analyzes and organizes complex qualitative and quantitative clinical, financial and administrative data from multiple sources, and synthesizes results into meaningful reports and presentations on a regular basis. Actively participates in management meetings to disseminate and interpret measures, reports and improvement initiatives. Provides expertise, education, analytic and QA support for the development, utilization and implementation of a performance measurement system throughout Florida Hospital. Serves as a resource and role model for other quality analysts, and trains other analysts and end-users on core analytic and reporting systems. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, & Experience Required:
- Thorough knowledge of information systems and their application to healthcare and ability to creatively use existing resources for problem resolution.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to tailor message to individuals and audiences throughout the institution.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to focus detailed concentrated effort to multiple projects and re-establish priorities as necessary. Ability to effectively respond to time sensitive issues and meet deadlines.
- Initiative and ability to work independently (self-direction), while thriving in a setting requiring collaboration and teamwork for maximal efficiency and effectiveness. Attention to detail that ensures follow through on all initiatives implemented, and all projects undertaken.
- Mastery of desktop applications, including MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access) and database management applications.
- Master’s degree in Business Information Systems, Statistics, or Engineering, OR
- 6 or more years of experience in an analytics/information systems position, preferably in a healthcare organization
- Knowledge and application of statistical analyses including financial variance analysis and statistical significance (Preferred)
- Knowledge of current issues in the healthcare environment preferred, particularly regarding quality measurement, outcomes studies, healthcarefinance, and patient safety. (Preferred)
- Data management and information system experience (Preferred)
- Formal education or experience in statistics or actuarial science (Preferred)
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
Demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospital’s Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program
- Serves as the organization-wide content expert on measurement/analysis methods and imparts relevant details to senior leaders and quality staff. Continually expands/updates this knowledge.
- Serves as a Senior Analyst for the Quality Division, leading ongoing and ad-hoc data projects on behalf of Performance Improvement Director.
- Trains analysts and end-users on key analytic and reporting systems and databases.
- Interacts frequently with leadership and quality personnel, including Infection Control, Risk Management, etc. Facilitates discussions with these stakeholders of existing data, reports, and analyses while assessing unmet needs and potential enhancements.
- Develops and maintains a data repository, serving as a source of truth for organization-wide measures of quality. Improves the validity and effectiveness of the data repository over time.
- Works with Director, and Florida Hospital MIS resources to support, maintain and develop the Performance Measurement system; including database development, benchmarking, QA of scorecards, documentation of system and scorecard deployment,
- Facilitates performance-benchmarking projects across such dimensions as cost, LOS, satisfaction, and clinical outcomes.
- Administers, validates and deploys third-party analytic tools such as Premier Quality Advisor, Quantros ACE and other information systems selected as organizational resources. Investigates and recommends selection and improvement of external analytic tools to senior leadership as needed.