The position is fulltime and estimated at 40 hours per week.
The Senior Consultant (SC) will provide for all activities as outlined in this document, including any other functions needed to successfully execute the duties outlined here.
The Senior Consultant works for the State of Colorado Governor's Office of Information Technology (OIT). All duties performed will be in support of OIT, and will consist of delivering technologies, solutions, projects, products, infrastructure, management, resource needs and any other duties identified by OIT management, consistent with Strategic, Operational and Tactical support of OIT and its governance functions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Oversee, review, determine, schedule and assign work to Consultant staff and Full Time Employees of the State - consistent with a leadership role within OIT.
· Identify and lead Agile Development.
· Maintain and supportScrum Teams, Process, and procedure for any Agency
· Ensure industry standard process and procedures are followed.
· Provide to Executive leadership information needed to make insightful decisions based on technical resolutions consistent with OIT’s standards and procedures.
· Work with all groups to ensure consistency of delivery, driving towards Continuous Integration and Continues Delivery models
· Take direction from OIT leadership to ensure delivery of quality solutions within agreed upon timeframes and budget.
· Participate in steering committees, executive decision-making meetings, forums and leadership teams to promote interoperability across the State.
· Provide state and industry presentation to promote the Governor’s Office of Information Technology solutions
Identify and support architectures consistent with the State roadmap:
· Be an advocate for State solutions
· Promote integration and usage
· Ensure cohesive approach and reusability
· Identify future state solutions
· Look to modernarchitecture solutions
Minimum of 20 years developing complex solutions across multiple domains:
· Object Models
· Client Server Applications
· Web Based Solutions
· Agile Development
· Mobile Solutions
· Infrastructure solutions
· Continue education to remain up-to-date on technology in both the public and private sectors
· Senior leadership roles
· Public and Private sector experience
· Management experience for large project delivery
Education and Certification Requirements:
· An Undergraduatedegree
· An active and current PMP certification from the Project Management Institute