Industry: Financial Services•
8 - 10 years
Posted 409 days ago
Provide a leadership role in the delivery of value-added,risk-basedaudit services for specific areas to include asset/liability management, derivatives, broker/dealersales,trading and underwriting, modelrisk management, market and liquidityrisk management, trust and wealth, capital planning and Basel compliance-related activities. Evaluate and recommend improvements to control structures, as well asrisk management systems and processes. Develop and maintain specialization and expertise in specific areas of derivatives,investments, broker/dealer, modelrisk management, Market & LiquidityRisk Management and generalfinancial services. Ensure reviews are completed within the guidelines ofAudit Services policies and procedures. Provide senior management, Executive Management and theAudit Committee withaudit results to effectively assess therisk management control and governance structure ofaudited business units (BUs). Interact with BU managers and regulatory examiners. Effectively challenge therisk management and governance framework and control structure of the highly complexauditareas noted.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Lead critical and complex model risk management, trust and wealth, capital planning, broker/dealer, market and liquidity risk management and treasury-related audit risk reviews and business monitoring activities
a. Assume responsibility for project management;
b. Develop the audit program and scope, organizing and using resources effectively to complete assignments within budget and milestone dates;
c. Document processes using narratives, flowcharts, and process maps;
d. Analyze process documentation to evaluate effectiveness and efficiency;
e. Review and provide feedback on associates work papers to ensure quality and sound judgment;
f. Make appropriate recommendations and report results of audits;
g. Address material issues with senior management.
2. Partner with complex BU managers as it relates to Enterprise Risk Management, Trust and Wealth, Capital Management, Funds Management, and Market and Liquidity Risk Management to support and improve risk management:
a. Demonstrate a thorough level of understanding of the business strategies of BB&T, BUs, and the specific area or process under review;
b. Be very knowledgeable of the organization, operations, policies, and procedures (including banking laws and regulations) under which BB&T operates;
c. Effectively challenge management on the establishment of internal controls, business monitoring techniques, and risk management;
d. Review the incorporation of risk management in the implementation of new systems, processes, and changes to existing systems and procedures;
e. Represent Audit on complex and/or critical bank committees;
f. Utilize expertise in financial services.
3. Develop and maintain specialization and expertise in a specific industry to act as a subject matter authority. More specifically, model risk management and BUs encompassing Enterprise Risk Management, and Financial Services. Additionally, within market and liquidity risk management including Investments, corporate funding, broker/dealer, investment advisory and private equity. Ability to keep abreast of current trends, new developments, technologies, and practices in the auditing profession, banking industry, capital management, market and liquidity risk management and Basel compliance guidelines and practices.
4. Provide leadership in development of team members. Take an active role in the training and mentoring of new and junior team members. Act as client service champion by consistently modeling perfect client experience behaviors.
5. Develop and maintain communications with management in areas of specialization to ensure effective working relationships. Assist management in establishing internal controls by consulting in the implementation of new systems, processes, and changes to existing systems, standards, and procedures.
6. Maintain rapport with external auditors/bank examiners and assist in the coordination efforts to ensure prompt and efficient completion of their examination.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or related field, or equivalent education and related training
2. Eight years of experience as a securities and/or treasury, or Trust auditor at a significant broker/dealer or financial services firm or commensurate experience as an examiner within the financial services industry
3. Possess appropriate professional certification (e.g. Certified Public Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Information Systems Auditor)
4. Ability to work independently without supervision
5. Ability to lead and execute risk review and audit programs to include capital adequacy and planning, market and liquidity risk management, model risk management, treasury, Basel compliance, stress and scenario testing and all aspects of Enterprise Risk Management activities
6. Demonstrated experience in the risk evaluation and/or audit of capital, stress testing, market and liquidity risk management, model risk management and Enterprise Risk Management activities or related areas
7. Advanced knowledge, ability, and expertise in stress testing, capital adequacy, market and liquidity risk and Basel compliance
8. Substantial leadership experience, advanced client service consulting skills and ability
9. Excellent project management and consulting skills
10. Excellent analytical, facilitation, interpersonal and decision-making skills
11. Excellent written, verbal, and negotiating skills
12. Excellent auditing skills and a broad understanding of banking and financial services
13. Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
14. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
1. Master’s degree in Business or related field
2. Completion of a Graduate School of Banking
3. Professional certifications such as Certified Investments and Derivatives Auditor and/or Series 7
BB&T is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law.