Our Associate Veterinarians apply their extraordinary skills, education, and passion on a daily basis at every location in our practice. Banfield uniquely supports and depends on Associate Veterinarians to use their expertise in a way that benefits pets, clients, hospital teams, and the community as a whole.
The primary purpose and function of our DVMs and VMDs is to ensure the highest quality of veterinary care and client education.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Required Education: Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM/VMD)
Required Licenses: State Veterinary Board and DEA Registration required prior to start date.
A Day in The Life of a Banfield Associate Veterinarian
As a Banfield Associate Veterinarian, it’s less about the job description, and more about the opportunity to contribute your unique skills and expertise to your team while developing your veterinary career. Banfield AssociateDVMs support our hospitals and the communities we serve by:
- Practicing ethical veterinary medicine according to all applicable laws and codes
- Using evidence-based medicine, education, and experience to provide the highest quality preventive care, diagnoses and treatment services for every pet you see
- Performing all common surgeries, including use of all standard medical instruments, equipment, and Banfield’s best-in-class anesthesia protocols
- Partnering with clients to plan follow-up visits, provide home-care instructions, and education to ensure the long-term health of their pets
- Maintaining relevant, comprehensive medical records with the support of practice systems, including Banfield’s research-driven database PetWare
- Fostering an effective veterinary support team by communicating medical standards, ethical practices, and your unique veterinary knowledge and experience
Commitment Beyond Qualifications
Aside from our minimum educational, license, experience, and skill-set requirements, we aim to hire and develop Associate Veterinarians who share in our passionate dedication to the advancement of veterinary medicine — across our practice, and throughout the industry.
Like all associates, we look to our DVMs to uniquely exemplify our Five Principles — Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency, and Freedom. As much as we value on-paper qualifications, we actively seek out DVMs who want to combine their skills with our Principles to be part of something bigger. At Banfield, we take pride in hiring passionate Associate Veterinarians who are:
- Dedicated to providing compassionate, high-quality veterinary care for the wellness of pets
- Able to adopt and positively impact new veterinary protocols and recommendations
- Devoted to the philosophy of long-term pet health through preventive care
Caring for Those Who Care: Benefits for Banfield Associate Veterinarians
We believe in rewarding those who provide compassionate pet health care with a genuine approach to personal wellness and professional development. Because of our extensive network and support structure, Banfield offers wide array of benefits and programs that help you take care of yourself and your family as care for pets and their owners.
Personal Health, Savings, and Wellness Benefits
All AssociateDVMs receive competitive salaries in addition to a number of savings, health, and insurance benefits, ranging from 401k participation to Liability Malpractice insurance. We also encourage you to take full advantage work-life balance benefits and programs including paid vacation that help you maintain a balance of work, play, and rest.
Potential as Big as Your Passion
Whether you are a recent graduate looking to start your career as an Associate Veterinarian, or an experienced DVM looking for a change, a new beginning at Banfield means an open door to explore the next best move in your professional veterinary career. We are committed to helping AssociateDVMs grow by providing:
- Personal development plans designed to help you define and achieve veterinary career goals
- Practice-paid continuing education opportunities
- VIN Membership discounts and other Veterinary networking opportunities
Job ID FRE0006I