First South Leasing, a subsidiary of First South Bank, is seeking a Business Development Officer - Equipment Lease Finance to consistently grow the portfolio of small-to-middle market clients through excellent prospecting, working with the Bank’s commercial loan officers, offering leasefinance solutions and sales management techniques.
- Responsible for growing the banks presence in equipment leasefinance through direct originations and providing support to all Commercial Banking clients.
- Lead structure, pricing and documentation negotiations with customers.
- Conduct independent evaluation of all aspects of potential transactions.
- Conduct industry, business, and collateral research.
- Work closely with internal teams including Legal, Operations, Risk and Asset Management on deal execution processes to ensure best in class customer service.
- Be visible and active in relevant trade associations.
- Perform customer collections and work out activities, as necessary.
- Adhere to established First South Leasing and Frist South Bank’s policies and procedures.
- Candidate should possess at least 5 years of prior bank or finance company experience in the equipment finance/leasing industry.
- Proven track record of success. Strong and verifiable relationships with direct customers, and referral sources including law firms, accounting firms and equipment dealers.
- Already developed vendor relationships within territory.
- Confident self-starter with ability to manage multiple transactions and documentation closings under time constraints.
- Attention to detail with demonstrated ability to accurately analyze financial information and make well-reasoned business decisions.
- In depth knowledge of lease documentation and lien perfection. Ability to effectively negotiate documentation issues with customers and outside counsel.
- Effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills necessary to work with business people at all levels.
- Proficient using Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point.
- Bachelor’s degreerequired, course of study to include substantial exposure to finance, accounting and economics.