To improve the safety, reliability, and efficiency of plant assets through the application of Engineering expertise in providing effective, solutions to reliability and maintenance issues.
• Electrical power distribution discipline focused.
• Champion standard work processes relating to equipment reliability and integrity.
• Work closely in a team atmosphere with various functional roles in the routine and non-routine troubleshooting and repair of electrical equipment, and supporting systems.
• Perform root cause analysis of failed components.
• Submit recommendations for improvement to achieve site reliability goals.
• Participate in technical Design reviews and MOC’s of Electrical projects, conforming to applicable Codes and Standards.
• Economic Evaluation of Opportunities at Plant.
• Provide technical expertise to Operations and Maintenance personnel as required.
• Work directly with vendors to resolve problems, purchase equipment, and recommend spare parts.
• Working Knowledge of manufacturing plant power distribution system, operation, repair and reliability improvement.
Knowledge of all applicable electric codes.
• Ability to Multitask and Handle Multiple Simultaneous Assignments.
• Ability to Work as Self Directed Individual or in a team based environment.
• Effective Verbal and Written Communication Skills.
• Strong Computer Skills including Microsoft Office.
• Knowledge of preventative maintenance systems and their administration.
****Knowledge of Low, Medium, and High Voltage Power Distribution***
• Strong safety champion who will lead in achieving zero incidents and injuries.
• Self-motivated with ability to originate and adapt to new ideas.
• Able to handle multiple activities simultaneously.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Working Knowledge of SAP.
• Experience in Six Sigma methodology or equivalent continuous improvement processes.
Required Yrs Exp:
5+ years as a Reliability or Maintenance Specialist in a chemical or refinery plant
- or -
8+ years experience as an Electrical Reliability Engineer
BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent industry experience.