As a Systems Engineer / Architect at Allegro, you will be responsible for product definition, product verification and strategic customer support within Allegro's Magnetic Sensor Integrated Circuit (IC) product lines. You will work closely with Allegro design and test engineers, marketing personnel, field sales managers, and with industry leading customers to:
- Develop specifications, product architectures and product algorithms required to penetrate target sensor applications in the Automotive and other markets.
- Learn the requirements and value propositions for various customer applications within the automotive, communications, consumer and industrial markets. You will become an expert within the key applications spaces targeted by the Sensor Business Unit.
- Verify proper performance of Allegro Sensor ICs through applications based testing in the laboratory and in Matlab simulations. Direct technician resources to support your verification.
- Champion the generation of datasheets, applications reports and reference designs required to secure major design wins. You will be a key contributor to overall business unit revenue and profit growth.
- Validate that sensor final test strategies ensure proper operation of our sensor ICs in end customer applications.
- Our customer base is globally diversified and this position involves national and international travel. Your travelschedule will vary, but on average our Systems Engineers travel once every 3 to 4 weeks.
Experience & Education Requirements
- The successful candidate will possess a BSEE/MSEE or equivalent and 5+ years of industry experience.
- A solid understanding of analog and/or digital electronics is essential in this position.
- Additionally, knowledge of Matlab and Simulink is preferred.
- The successful candidate will also possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Candidates must possess the ability to make clear technical presentations both to external Allegro customers and to Allegro's Senior Management Staff.
- Additionally, while in no way required for this position, fluency in Japanese would be a strong benefit for the Allegro team.