Position Summary: The Director of Manufacturing Quality will have the primary responsibility for the development, oversight and leadership of Food Safety and Quality Assurance for the Lincoln based operations. This role embodies the First Time, Every Time approach to quality through strong processes that support industry best practices. This position is responsible for the execution of integrated Quality Management Systems, from supplier qualification through distribution. The Director participates in cross functional teams to ensure effective implementation of quality initiatives and processes, and will lead a team of Quality professionals including a Quality Manager, Food Safety Manager, supervisors and technicians. Primary Job Responsibilities
- Execution of Quality Management Systems (QMS) to assure that Nature’s Variety quality procedures and protocols are:
- integrated across all departments, functions and activities from raw material and vendor selection through finished goods distribution
- based on sound risk assessments
- designed to ensure continuous First Time, Every Time quality performance consistent with industry best practices
- reassessed and validated on an on-going basis
- aligned with GFSI standards
- Assure FSMA compliance with proper HARPC analysis and implementation. Address and correct potential regulatory issues.
- Utilize metrics to define controls and use them to identify, investigate and improve performance
- Provide for strong documentation control system: specifications updated, management of change, accuracy and adequacy
- Manage Nature’s Variety expectations for suppliers and coprocess partners. Support vendor management efforts through facility audits, analytical & microbiological services, data review and interpretation
- Communicate performance to appropriate personnel and work with them to resolve issues.
- Oversee departmental budget
- Coordinate closely with plant operations to ensure effective communication and execution occurs across the entire quality team
- Strong organizational skills; comfortable working at a rapid pace with multiple priorities
- Strong execution orientation
- Able to work effectively with all other departments in the organization
- Able to handle conflicts as they arise
- Willing and able to assist in a hands on environment as needed
- Follow-up and communication (expressing ideas effectively verbally and in writing)
- Strong collaborative team player
- Practical learning (assimilating and applying new information)
Skills and Technical Expertise:
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Animal Science, Food Microbiology or similar field preferred
- Ten plus years of relevant experience in a food manufacturing environment with both USDA and FDA regulated industries
- HACCP certification required
- Experienced in implementing GFSI in a manufacturing environment; ability to achieve SQF Practitioner status.
- Must be able to perform in a manufacturing environment requiring some lifting and flexibility
Travel Requirements: Some travel will be required Compensation and Benefits: Competitive compensation package includes health & dental insurance, life & AD&D insurance, flexible spending accounts, paid vacation and sick days, short and long term disability, Purpose days off for company partner volunteer opportunities, and 401k with company match.