Job Overview: The Financial Reporting Manager will play a major role in several work streams for financial reporting, transaction and technical accounting, and adhoc projects. This person will have ownership of the external reporting processes to coordinate the timely and accurate completion of reports, accounting standard adoption presentations and memorandums. This role will report to the Director of Financial Reporting and will have significant exposure to leaders throughout the organization.
The Financial Reporting Manager is responsible for reviewing and analyzing financial information and providing accurate and useful financial analysis to leadership. This role performs financial and accounting analysis, and reviews and analyzes financial reports and data from other accounting departments; and will develop and implement best practices for maintaining and developing financial reports.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Reviews and leads the preparation of the consolidated financial statements, reports, footnotes and presentations, including the MD&A and earnings release and transcripts.
- Prepares and reviews accounting memorandums determining the treatment of certain accounting transactions.
- Responsible for reviewing the preparation and timely and accurate completion and filing of SEC filings, such as 10-Ks, 10-Qs, 8-Ks and other reports.
- Supports the quarterly earnings release and Audit Committee meeting processes, including management presentations of financial results, including income statement, balance sheet and cash flow variance analysis.
- Responsible for managing the accounting for business acquisitions, revenue recognition, goodwill and impairment analysis, and other actual or proposed transactions.
- Collaborates with and reviews data submitted by accounting departments and .business units to ensure transactions are compliant with the applicable U.S. generally accepted accounting principles and financial statements.
- Analyzes and researches new accounting standards for Supervalu-wide adoption and develops or recommends accounting methods and procedures for their implementation.
- Reviews the monthly consolidated statement of cash flows.
- Conducts special projects as needed by finance leadership.
- Ensures compliance with internal controls, and responds to inquiries from internal and external auditors.
- 4+ years of accounting and finance experience.
- 2+ years with a large public accounting firm with SEC clients (required).
- CPA preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills to work effectively with associates at all levels of the company and in the business community.
- Ability to be a team member and demonstrate skills to contribute to team dynamics.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel.
- Identifies solutions to non-standard requests and problems.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others within a complex, fast paced organization required .
- Solid understanding of U.S. generally accepted accounting principles and financial statements.