Vice President of Public Sector Markets
Vice President of Public Sector Markets (448)
The Vice President of Public Sector Markets is a highly visible and influential role, responsible for broker relationships, new client development as well as client management and retention. The role is directly responsible for supporting the Regional Sales Directors in assigned territories, developing and executing on marketing, branding, and distribution strategies and building effective partnership strategies to drive sales goals and objectives.
He/she reports to the Executive Vice President of Sales Operations. This is a critical broker and client facing leadership position in a core line of business that is a consistent source of growth and profit for TASC. It is an opportunity to work with a seasoned and highly collaborative team and offers a high degree of autonomy and ownership of the business.
- Demonstrated excellent management, supervisory, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, including strong listening skills
- Demonstrated leadership and coaching skills
- Budget and finance skills
- Ability to interact effectively with customers and peers at a senior management level
- Demonstrated ability to formulate a thorough, complete, and attainable sales/business plan with ability to executive sales goals
- Demonstrated effectiveness in making professional presentations before groups
- Demonstrated computer skills (e-mail, sales/contact database, word processing, spreadsheet, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to leverage network to drive sales goals and initiatives
- Education and/or experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, with a degree in business administration, marketing, or related discipline; an advanced degree is a plus
- Five or more years in national sales and/or marketing account strategies with proven growth and sales attainment
- Extensive knowledge of benefits administration and broker distribution channels
- Superior understanding of benefits administration, ERISA, compliance and continuation services
- Experience in solution sales, professional services or consulting a plus
- Strong strategic planning capability
CORPORATE CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Adaptability - Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs
- Initiative - Deals with problems as they arise, focusing energy and resources on those situations until resolved; identifies new opportunities and takes action; takes on new responsibilities when needed
- Results Focus - Can be counted on to meet or exceed goals; pushes self and others for results; is a conscientious worker who can be relied upon to handle unforeseen obstacles
- Customer Focus - Meets internal and external customer expectations; delivers upon commitments; build customer confidence; follows through on requests gaining trust and respect
- Ethics/Integrity - Is seen as a direct, truthful individual; adheres to appropriate core values at all times; acts in line with those values; rewards the right values and disapproves of others; practices what he/she preaches
- Location: Madison, WI
TASC is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic partner status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. TASC participates in E-Verify.