Join an innovative team that isresponsible for transforming the customerexperience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communicationslandscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibilityrequired to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
This position consists in identifying, developing and managing new and ongoing business opportunities for media companies based in the United States and Canada for the provision of Media/Telecom data related services. Primary responsibility is to sell Intelsat products and services to meet the needs of Media customers in developing and existing areas of video distribution including, but not limited to, traditional satellite services, IP based content distribution and cloud based distribution. The role includes a sales quota.
- Remain conversant in latest technologies and trends pertinent to the distribution of video by reading industry literature and attending conferences. Maintain a thorough and complete knowledge of Intelsat’s services and new product offerings. Bring important market intelligence back into the Intelsat Sales and Product organizations.
- Act as the primary contact for assigned existing customers. It is expected that the Key Account Director will liaise confidently with multiple key contacts within the customer organization including executives responsible for IT, Satellite, and Emerging DistributionTechnologies.
- Confidently identify and approach new business opportunities with challenger sales mentality, driving Media revenue.
- Provide insights and teach customers new ways of solving problems while remaining comfortable having difficult conversations.
- Understand basic accounting, marketing, and financial principles. Converse confidently about financial matters.
- Develop and strengthen a sustainable relationship with assigned customers, taking proactive action via customer visits and verbal/written communication in order to encourage timely renewals of services and promote upsell opportunities.
- Provide detailed tracking and status information for each sales opportunity in SFDC (or other similar tools) and other management reports.
- Identify and coordinate any technical assistance to facilitate the establishment of capacity requirements for customer base.
- Must have a University Degree with at least five years of experience in selling IP based video content distribution and/or cloud based services.
- Must have experience selling high value, high revenue, complex sales to executives of operations and engineering executives.
- Must be fluent in English. Otherlanguage skills desirable.
- Experience selling satellite communications desirable.
- Experience selling to media companies desirable.
- Experience selling software desirable.
- This position requires ITAR access; all candidates must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world’s leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat’s customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.
Req Id 24042