Chase Consumer & Community Banking serves nearly 66 million consumers and 4 million small businesses with a broad range of financial services through our 137,000 employees. Consumer & Community Banking Risk Management partners with each CCB sub-line of business to identify, assess, prioritize and remediate risk. Our Risk Management professionals work directly with Consumer Banking, Business Banking, Auto/Student Loan, Card and Commerce Services, Chase Wealth Management and Mortgage Banking to minimize, monitor and control the probability of risk events and mitigate the impact of risk events that do occur. Summary The Consumer and Community Bank (CCB) currently consists of a number of credit portfolios including Credit Card, Mortgage, Auto, Student Loans, Business Banking and Dealer Commercial Services. The consumer business is supported by both Vertical Organizations (dedicated risk staff supporting a specific business) and Horizontal Organizations (staff that is accountable for working across businesses.) One of these Horizontal organizations is the Consumer Credit Forecasting team that is accountable for providing forward views on consumer credit across consumer businesses. The CCB Credit Point of View – Executive Director will lead a team of VPs and Associates focused on Emerging Risks and Risk Innovation. This role is accountable for developing a credit view across CCB portfolios to support the Chief Risk Officer (and other senior leaders including the firm CRO, CCB CFO, firm CFO, Investor Relations and Regulators) with a proactive viewpoint on consumer credit trends. The role will need to be more than an aggregator of views produced within line of business product teams and will need to be a strategic architectof compelling views of consumer and wholesale credit across CCB. SpecificResponsibilitiesInclude:
- Lead a team of onshore and offshore credit risk employees across two teams: emerging risks and risk innovation.
- Develop a book of work by staying current on market trends and insights, identifying emerging risks to investigate.
- Seek out and test new methods of detecting and analyzing credit risk, including big data, machine learning and robotics.
- Direct the work efforts, coaching and assisting the team, reviewing progress, offering ideas, counterpoints, and assisting in researching the causes for new trends.
- Build relationships throughout the risk organization to bring all the CRO functions to the table to discuss emerging risks and market observations.
- Researching Trends:
- Creating and monitoring different mechanisms of detecting emerging risks
- Partner with quantitative teams and the various lines of business to develop leading indicators of the credit cycle to pick up on trends that could have a broader impact across credit portfolios.
- Creating Outside-In views of consumer credit including partnerships with Credit Bureaus and firms such as Moody’s.
- Evaluating how changes in the macroeconomic environment (including competitor trends) impact the performance of credit portfolios.
- Partnering with internal data science teams
- Conduct forums to promote the dialogue around credit trends within the risk community at both the analyst and executive levels.
- Document findings into compelling reports for senior management risk dialogue and escalation. Present findings to the CROs.
- Prepare next generation executive level communication with a variety of C-level audiences with respect to the credit risk outlook for all CCB lines of business
- Data Analysis:
- Directing the analysis and interpretation of big data and its impact in both operational and financial areas.
- Leading ad-hoc analytics to dig into and research credit trends.
- Experience running a high performance team of analysts, managing both senior and junior level employees, including matrixed employees and those geographically dispersed.
- Deep credit experience in several consumer credit portfolios
- Demonstrated ability to innovate.
- Must demonstrate open-mindedness and the willingness to explore new views and ways of evaluating the health of existing credit portfolios.
- The ability to lead complex risk analyses and provide senior management with business insights of consumer credit quality and behavior trends, and portfolio performance.
- Must have an orientation towards creating views and uncovering risks that drive action.
- Ability to influence technical subject-matter-expert teams to work on problems together.
- Executive level communication skills, both verbal and written/presentation.
- Demonstrated experience in communicating with regulatory and investor relations teams to convey risk management results, outlooks and cross-consumer points of view
- Econometric experience (e.g., competence in understanding key macro drivers of credit risk, customer behavior and lending strategy)
- Quantitativeexperience (e.g., partnering with modeling or deep analytic teams to drive practical results and points of view)
Req #: 170106154_2