Jacobs Federal Network Systems (FNS) provides highly sophisticated network systems design, engineering, operations, and maintenance, and offers cutting edge cybersecurity solutions for our customers in the Intelligence Community, Department of Defense, and other federal agencies. We deliver an integrated approach to network engineering design and network management, as well as full IT lifecycle service management, IT service delivery, asset management, logistics and procurement support, and software/hardware vendor management. Our network engineers, controllers, and technicians are trained in multipledisciplines to successfully maintain legacy systems as well as insert the latest technologies for voice, data, and video networks in fast-paced, mission-critical environments.
Jacobs is seeking a Contract Closeout Billing Specialist for their Reston, VA office. Duties will include:
- The Contract Closeout Billing Specialist plays a key role in reconciliation, preparation and submission of final invoices to the government and other Primes.
- Responsible for supporting multiple actions related to overall contract closeout which include; processing cancelling and expiring funds invoices, quick close Invoices and interim rate adjustments, preparing timely and accurate closeout packages; reviewing contract and subcontract documents for key clauses and terms and conditions and performing extensive research to identify and locate historical documents.
- Perform some additional work in cradle-to-grave acquisitions.
- Able to accurately compile data and perform detailed contract reconciliations.
- Validate AP, AR, incurred cost reports and indirect rate calculation.
- Check and verify data for completeness and accuracy.
- Analyze unbilled receivable balances and conduct backup spreadsheets to support findings; conduct variance analysis that reflects the cumulative unbilled amounts for the contract, labor hours, and cost reconciliations that have hour/cost discrepancies.
- Ensure all unbilled amounts are reconciled.
- Review and analyze all contract funding and billing vs. revenue recognition, costs, overhead and G&A burden rates to ensure all revenue and costs have been accurately accounted for and billed to the customer
- Validate, analyze and interpret contract and subcontract documentation and invoice data to ensure closeout documentation and packages are completedin compliance with DCMA/DCAA, FAR, general and special provisions, contractual terms and conditions and audit requirements
- Coordinate with Program Manager, Program Finance and Contracts Analyst where necessary to support in the contract closeout
- Give recommendation on Contract Closeout procedure in which processes may be optimized and/or improved.
- Operates independently in assigned project area with minimal supervision
- Lead efforts to identify eligible projects for contract closeouts
- · cjpost
- BA or BS degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration from an accredited college or university, plus six (6) to nine (9) years ofprogressive and relevant government contract billing experience. Additional relevant education may be substituted for progressive experience.
- Minimum five (5) years of recent experience with Deltek Costpoint experience
- Must be able to work multiple projects simultaneously with the ability to adjust quickly to emerging priorities on short notice.
- Must be able to work overtime to meet regulatory and customer deadlines.
- Ability to exhibit a clear understanding of contract types and possess the ability to read and interpret contractual documents.
- Experience within a Federal Contracting and cost accounting environment with the following types of contract experiences: CR, ID/IQ, T&M, CPFF, CPAF
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products.
- Specific experience with Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) requirements for contract and subcontract closeout.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and interact with diverse personalities
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
- Experience with Cognos reporting query tools
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires ahigh degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers
Equipment, Machines & Software:
Computer work required. Must be proficient in MS Office, particularly Excel. Use of calculator, printer, fax, scanner, telephone, filing cabinets, and other standard office equipment is required.