TITLE: Quality Assurance Manager
ENVIRONMENT: Complex Investment Castings, CNC Milling
INDUSTRIES SERVED: Manufacturing; Aerospace; Machining; Assembly
LOCATION: Cleveland, OH
REPORTS TO: President
COMPENSATION RANGE: $100,000 to $120,000, Plus Bonus Eligible
DEGREE REQUIREMENTS: 4YearDegree
RELOCATION PACKAGE: Yes
BENEFIT PACKAGE: Yes
EXPERIENCE LEVEL: 7- 10+ Years
LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE: 4 - 5+ Years
QUALITY EXPERIENCE: Experience with AS9100/ ISO9001, Lean, Six Sigma or similar quality programs
NUMBER OF POSITIONS AVAILABLE: One
POSITION SUMMARY: The Quality Manager is a hands-on role that is responsible for managing the quality team and for developing and implementing QMS programs and audits to ensure continuous improvements meet customer satisfaction and production standards. The Quality Manager will work directly with customers for product satisfaction.
- Participating in Leadership Team and provide input on business decisions that include investigating and correcting customer issues related to quality.
- Working directly with customers to ensure quality standards are met.
- Leadership to the QA team and quality support staff to include NDT Manager, Quality and Metrology Engineers, Inspection Supervisor and Document Coordinator.
- Promoting systemic corrective actions along with risk mitigation activities.
- Providing input during quoting phase with respect to risk aversion.
- Oversee Internal Audit activities using AS 9001auditing.
- Technical and statistical expertise to teams.
- Directing the resources that develop and analyze statistical data and product specifications to determine standards and to establish quality and reliability expectancy of finished products.
- Formulate, document and maintain quality control standards and on-going quality objectives.
- Coordinating objectives with production procedures in cooperation with other managers to maximize product reliability and minimize costs.
- Ensuring that the QA team is using appropriate quality management tools and approaches to analytical and reporting processes.
- Design, develop and implement training programs.
- ASQ certification highly preferred
- 7+ Years in a progressive quality position in a manufacturing environment; aerospace preferred
- Industrialexperience in investment casting, machining and assembly
- Ability to perform internal audits on a regular basis
- Excellent knowledge of AS9100/ISO9001
- Excellent knowledge in Nadcap processes for implementation and maintenance
- Knowledgeable in GD&T
- Excellent communication skills for mentoring and leading teams and client support
- Proficient in PFEMA, Lean and Six Sigma methodologies
- Ability to focus on problem solving and analyzing quality data
- Ability to interact directly with customers to provide them with the best product satisfaction