The Sales Director - Resources Northeast job entails developing and directing the sales efforts for new client target acquisition and/or directing the efforts to ensure execution of sales strategies geared toward protecting and growing business with existing clients. Typically has sales targets starting at $20 million up to $50 million.
Key areas of responsibility include:
Sales: Developing, Validating, qualifying, and closing Services, Technology and Operations opportunities to NA Utilities, Energy & Chemicals and Natural Resources companies. Understanding and presenting the entire Accenture services and solution portfolio.
Client Demand Stimulation and Opportunity Generation: Identify specific sales opportunities within existing and prospective clients. Work with client's team to determine requirements and/or specifications, build client value proposition and shape the deal; using appropriate sales processes and tools, determine and recommend through the appropriate New Business Meetings/forums which opportunities to pursue and obtain Business Development (BD) funding and support. Engage in activities focused at generating client awareness of the firm and/or demand for its Services (may include developing/sending promotional materials, presenting in business forums, charitable activities, business associations, etc.).
Sales Process Leadership: Lead Sales Process for specific approved opportunities, complying with internal sales stage entry/exit requirements. Working with Operating Group leadership, form and lead the opportunity pursuit team through the sales process, performing constant re-qualification of the opportunity while assuring adequate financial control of BD spend; Construct and execute opportunity plan, including win themes, win tactics & action plan, relationship plan, and price-to-win; Review solution plans, cost models and written proposals as appropriate to ensure alignment with sales strategy, win themes, and price-to-win; Establish and maintain qualified sales pipeline of a minimum of 3X annual sales target.
- Basic qualifications
- Minimum 5 years successfully selling multi-million dollar deals against an individual quota/target exceeding $20M/year
- Minimum 3 years’ experience selling Accenture type offerings to the North America CNR industry
- Minimum 4 years developing, maintaining and obtaining meetings with new and existing C-level relationships beyond the CIO in the top CNR companies in North America (Utilities, Energy, Chemicals & Natural Resources)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Professional Skill Requirements:
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Desire to work in an information systems environment.
Job Number: 00481746