Current Compassus Colleagues: Please apply via Workday.
At Compassus, our mission is to provide hospice care to terminally ill patients and their families with Compassion, Integrity, and Excellence. The Colleagues of Compassus are committed to keeping The Hospice Promise by delivering the highest quality of care, serving the needs of patients and families and spreading the stories of hospice to those whom they come into contact. Our goal is to provide the greatest possible comfort and care for those who experience one of life’s most intimate and challenging moments.
Compassus also provides palliative care to improve quality of life for patients and families who may also be seeking aggressive treatment for their serious illness. Compassus palliative care services can offer relief from symptoms and pain and a care plan based on your values and needs.
The Executive Director oversees Clinical Director(s), along with the Medical Director(s) from the office located in Lansing, MI. The Executive Director is responsible for implementing corporate policy and mission by maintaining appropriate staffing levels, meeting set corporate standards and goals, and assuring the long term fiscal viability of the program.
At Compassus, you are not representing a product; you are offering a gift of great value – the gift of comfort, support, peace and dignity to patients facing serious and life-limiting illnesses and their families.
Did you know that eight out of 10 Americans would prefer in-home care if facing a life-limiting illness, yet many remain unaware that choice is available to them?
If you’re looking for an important career that will truly impact the lives of those in your community, working in an inspiring and professional atmosphere, you should consider applying for this position at Compassus.
- Function as the senior executive for the Hospice program.
- Provides regular and appropriate documentation/communication to corporate office.
- Ensures compliance with all local, state and federal Hospice and Hospice care related regulations and mandates.
- Promotes program growth and development.
- Administer agency personnel program.
- Bachelor's Degree in either Health Care Administration, Business Administration or in a related Human Services field. A Master’s Degree in one of these fields is preferred.
- A minimum of seven years senior management experience in home health or hospice. Ten years of experience would be preferable.
- A working knowledge of Federal and State regulations as they pertain to the provision of comprehensive, hospice home care, its administration, and related reimbursement.
- Understanding and acceptance of hospice philosophy.
- Working knowledge of EEOC regulations, human resource management, benefits management and risk management, as they pertain to health care employees.
- Salary plus bonus
- Generous accrual of paid time off makes us a leader in PTO benefits
- In addition to accrued PTO, we provide 6 nationally recognized holidays off
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Company-paid life insurance
- Health savings account with company contributions
- Short- and long-term disability
- 401k with immediate company match
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Perks include continuing education assistance and corporate discounts