Leidos has an opening for a Chief Systems Architect to oversee operations and enhancements for a portfolio of on-line applications and associated infrastructure for a large Department of Homeland Security (DHS) program. The Chief Systems Architect will guide the systems and solution planning, design, development, and implementation of a complex web services-based architecture hosting disparate types of data through all phases of system engineering, software development, and support.
We are looking for an experienced technical manager with extensive expertise in system architecture, design, and operations; Agile software integration; IT service management; planning/executing for innovation and technology refresh; data center operations; and cloud computing.
• Work with Leidos Program Manager, technical managers/leads, and the customer to identify high-level functional and technical requirements; decompose system requirements; and design, test, and implement solutions that comply with customer and industry standards and security requirements;
• Ensure effective system operations, establishing necessary processes, artifacts, and team coordination for information security, software development and support, tier 2/3 operations support, systems administration, network management, testing, configuration management, release management, ECPs, BOEs/BOMs, help desk, asset management, disaster recovery, business continuity, etc.;
• Lead troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and reporting problem analysis and resolution;
• Provide guidance and direction technical and matrixed staff;
• Lead assessments of new technologies and make recommendations for their introduction into the developmental and operational environments; Work with technology providers/vendors to accomplish timely technology insertion and refreshment;
• Evaluate problems of work flows, organization, and planning and develop appropriate corrective actions;
• Responsible for development of high-level system design diagrams and creation and maintenance of other system documentation and artifacts;
• Plan and execute technology refreshment for hardware and software components;
• Manage and report on performance indicators and metrics and meet or exceed all assigned contractual SLAs and KPIs;
• Develop WBS/work packages and plan and oversee execution of projects in accordance with budget, schedule, and quality;
• Maintain currency on technology, processes, and tools and provide inputs for white papers and proposals; and
• Provide accurate, concise reporting to management and customer.
Requires BS degree and 12 – 15years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, ElectricalEngineering, or related field;
• Experience in the geospatial domain and technologies, e.g., Google Earth and ArcGIS;
• Experience as an architect in a web services-based systems architecture;
• Experience working in an Agile software development and deployment environment;
• Experience in evaluating system architectures, recommending change, and communicating recommendations to senior management and customers;
• Experience migrating applications and data to cloud computing platform;
• Experience presenting briefings to senior customer management, customer stakeholders, and company management; and
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Master's Degree in Computer Science, ElectricalEngineering, or related field;
• PMI PMP certification;
• Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Agile Certified Practioner (PMI-ACP) or SAFe Agilist (SA) certification;
• Experience with Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) programs;
• Experience in Server-side Web development in frameworks such as Java, Spring, or Python;
• Demonstrated performance leading IT services delivery and achieving service level agreements;