What you'll do
Who we are
Walmart Services (#walmartservices) is a fast paced, strategic business unit at the forefront of our digital - physical transformation. We are a diverse team of highly skilled innovators with two primary goals: create a best in class shopping experience for our customers and help them save money. As a member of our team, you will have a hand in building tomorrow's Walmart.
To learn more about us, check out this site: https://careers.walmart.com/walmart-services
Who you are
•Your professional experience is marked by your ability to lead in a creative and ever evolving atmosphere to deliver for your customer.
•Your background includes key instances in which you have developed pragmatic solutions to complex business problems.
•You are intellectually curious, think customer first, are comfortable with ambiguity, are action-oriented, and want to work in an environment where taking big, calculated bets is expected.
•You have an entrepreneurial spirit, and an ability to identify scalable, service-driven opportunities that will make our customers lives better by reducing friction or saving them money.
The Food & Personal Services team is helping to define Walmart as a one-stop shop for our customers by offering the services they need and enjoy. Our team manages partnerships to outfit our stores with great brands and services such as McDonald’s and FedEx. We are continually expanding the services our customers need by adding veterinary, dental, and home services—alongside the experience they want—such as local, organic food options and in-store salons—to create an altogether convenient and successful shopping experience.
As the Senior Manager II, Innovations; Food & Personal Care-Walmart Services, you will take a lead role in the development of primarily restaurant services with the goal of ultimately generating hundreds of millions of dollars annually in profit. You will also be accountable for defining and prioritizing services based on customer needs, developing and implementing new initiatives by partnering with relevant stakeholders, external partners and cross functional teams, in a ‘test and learn’ environment. Your role will help launch new services in Walmart stores from concept to execution.
Who you would work for
•This position reports to Michael Miller, Director, Food & Personal
Here are some things you’ll do every day
•Identifies, initiates, launches and grows services from concept to scale, including:
-Using analytics and customer insight to understand customer needs
-Building business cases
-Partnering with and setting direction for 3rd party or internal operators for in-store or online execution
-Defining appropriate business structures
-Leading business internally, evaluating and monitoring results continuous improvement
-Setting KPI’s and goals, recommending courses of action based on data and customer/category insight
•Gains alignment from senior leadership
•Negotiates business terms and contracts with sophisticated business partners (EX: FedEx, Venture Capital firms, Startups
•Appliesoverall services strategies to specific categories and service initiatives
- Bachelor s degree in Business Administration or related field and 6 years of experience in consumer financial services product or service management (for example, retailbanking, debit cards, money transfer services) or related field OR 8years experience in general consumer product or service management, or related field.
- 2 years supervisory experience.
- 5 years experience using presentation programs (for example, MS Powerpoint).
- 5 years experience using data analysis software (for example, MS Excel).
- Masters Degree in Business Administration or related field.
- 5 yearexperience with Microsoft Office Suite (for example, Excel, PowerPoint).
- 5 years experience in retail operations or retail management.
- 5 years experience with cross-functional project management.
- 5 years experience in contract negotiation.
- 5 years experience in forecasting, financial services planning, market analytics, technology, or related field.
- 5 years experience in product or service development.
- 3 years supervisory experience.