We are currently seeking a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to join a chemical company in a process of building methanol production facilities in the Charleston, WV area.
The right candidate will be taking on a leadership role in the financial decision-making that affects the company and will assist in providing strategic financial input to senior management.
In addition to, overseeing the overall budgeting, accounting and financialreporting process, the CFO is expected to be involved in commercial negotiations with vendors and customers.
Additionally, the CFO will need to work closely with lending institutions and the equity holder to ensure lender/equity requirements are met. Place of work is Charleston, WV. CFO will report to the CEO.
- Successfully execute the financial strategy of the organization
- Development of and implementation of financial and operational control system, including establishment and development of ERP and reporting system
- Responsible for compliance with financial standards (IFRS), preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual accounts, annual audits, and otherfinancialreporting
- Budget administration
- Coordinate and produce all required-tax documentation
- Responsible for financial performance reporting to shareholders
- Responsible for reporting to lenders including monitoring covenant compliance
- Communication and relations with local authorizes
- Propose efficiency practices in corporate projects
- Effectively negotiate corporate contracts with vendors
- Management of the Company model to ensure shareholder returns are being met and advise banks when needed
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Professional accounting designation (CPApreferred)
- Experience in large capital expenditure projects
- Experience with contract negotiations
- Experience in a senior financial managerial position
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to work on cross divisional projects
- Hands on, willing to work with a very small team
- Commercially-minded, able to understand articulate the business and economic goals of the Company.