Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) provides management consulting and technology services to help public sector education, health, human services, and other government clients achieve their performance goals and better serve populations in need. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has more than 1,700 professionals in 48 offices around the US and in Montreal, UK and Poland. The firm draws on more than two decades of consulting to public sector clients in all 50 states and Canada to deliver best-practice solutions and measurable results to state and local public agencies, state-operated facilities, and private providers that do business with government agencies. PCG is committed to a diverse workforce which is a reflection of our clients and the people they serve. Our organizational culture attracts and rewards people who are results-oriented and interested in making an immediate impact on their community as well as their own career.
The Service Desk Specialist’ role is to ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end user help requests. Incident resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level.
- Provide excellent customer service to all customers
- Field incoming help requests from end users via a variety of intakes (phone, walkup, email, etc)
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of request or incident.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from help desk customers.
- Prioritize and schedule incidents. Escalate incidents (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician.
- Record, track, and document the Incidents and requests in the ticketing tool. Ensure all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution have been captured in the ticket.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Performing preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests.
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems.
- Identify and escalate critical incidents
- Participate in a afterhours on-call rotation
- 3+ Years’ Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including Windows XP & Windows 7, Windows2003, Windows2008.
- 3+ Years supporting Microsoft AD.
- 3+Years supporting Office 2010 & Office 2013.
- Familiarity with Exchange 2010.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Maintain fax machines, printers, scanners and othernetworked business machines.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Experience supporting multiple models of mobile devices.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Experience supporting VOIP telecom devices.
- Basic knowledge of switches and network devices.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- 2 years of related work experience.
- A+, Net+, MCP or MCDST.
Job ID 2017-2780