Job DescriptionWant to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity?Want to be a part of a company that was named as the2016 America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Principal Systems Engineer to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
A comprehensive relocation plan is available for qualified applicants.
Rockwell Collins is looking for a Principal Systems Engineer on the Government Systems Trainer / Unmanned Airborne Systems (UAS) Platform Systems team. The Trainer/UAS platform team is a highly motivated and dynamic organization focused on leveraging existing products and developing new technologies to provide innovative systems solutions to Trainer and UAS customers. Our supported programs and pursuits include several which have Government Systems and Corporate level visibility.
This role is a platform systems engineering expert responsible for architecture and requirements definition, technical roadmaps, systems design, systems testing and integration, business area pursuit and order capture support, and leading engineering design and development activities on US/International program and pursuit opportunities. Opportunities also exist for the selected candidate to help develop Statements of Work (SOW), Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), and participate in proposal development and estimating.
The ideal candidate will have experience with US and/or foreign military platforms and the ability to design system solutions in a complex environment. Experience with Trainer and/or UAS operations, avionics, data standards and aircraft is preferred. Specifically, prior aircraft/platform systems experience with control systems, sensor systems, navigation, flight management systems, safety, intelligence and surveillance, voice and data communications, information assurance and security, flight controls, digital/analog system interfaces, and Civil and US Government development of certification standards is strongly desired. Additionally, experience with complex and comprehensive aircraft programs, knowledge of existing Rockwell Collins avionics integration products, and a robust understanding of systems, software and hardware development processes is desired.
The key responsibilities and attributes for this position are:
* Demonstrated systems engineering acumen through all phases of development including: program pursuit and capture, requirements capture and analysis, system architecture design and modeling, requirements allocation and traceability, system/subsystem integration, system verification, system validation and life-cycle product support.
* Demonstrated experience with the Rockwell Collins pursuit and order capture process.
* Experience making design decisions and recommendations to manage scope, schedule, and budget for avionics development.
* Experience with risk and opportunity management.
* Build and leverage networks within the program, department, Rockwell Collins, and domestic / international customers.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
A successful candidate should haveexperience working successfully in highly collaborative environments, demonstrate the ability to take ownership of tasks and lead technical efforts spanning multiple stakeholders, and be able to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization as well as customers. The position requires a close working relationship with program managers, lead systems engineers, and multiple subsystemengineeringteams. As such, applicant must have both strong interpersonal skills and a strong, broad-based technical competency.
* Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
* Prior lead platform systems / architecting experience on complex avionics systems.
* Demonstrated expertise with systems engineering processes.
* Ability to occasionally travel.
*Security Clearance, or the ability to obtain one, is not required, but desirable.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
* Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
* Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
* An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
* Tuition reimbursement
* And more