The Senior Manager, Regulatory Relations prepares business areas for regulatory examinations, manages the ongoing regulatory finding resolution program, and oversees enterprise compliance issue management. The Senior Manager, Regulatory Relations manages relationships with internal business leaders and bank and broker/dealer regulatory bodies charged with oversight of E*TRADE.
● Prepare business units for regulatory examinations and interact directly with examination teams to understand their needs.
● Work with business areas to develop responses to exam letters and action plans to resolve regulatory findings.
● Track and monitor the status of action plans throughout the resolution project life-cycle, effectively challenging finding owners and advising business areas on compliance and best practices.
● Partner with internal audit to validate evidence associated with the completion of regulatory finding resolution.
● Review and confirm completed work, such as updated policies, procedures, program documents and test plans, ensuring that the updated documents and business practices meet the requirements of the finding.
● Communicate Regulatory Relations program status and escalate issues through VP, Regulatory Relations.
● Manage compliance issue data for the enterprise, performing analysis to support the determination of the enterprise state of compliance.
● Develop a regular compliance issue management and exam finding reports for senior management.
● 8+ years of financial institution experience, working in-house, at a consulting firm, or at a financial regulatory agency.
● Understanding of bank and/or broker/dealer operations.
● Understanding of federal financial regulations and regulatory bodies (OCC, FED, FINRA, SEC, NFA).
● Strong interpersonal skills directed at interaction with regulators, executive management and business leaders.
● Strong presentation skills both oral and written.
● Strong ability to communicate using Excel and PowerPoint.
● Team player with the ability to work cross-functionally throughout the organization to achieve consensus on regulatory risk issues and appropriate mitigation.
Strong Project Management skills including:
● Ability to develop clear project plans
● Ability to track project plans across a number of groups with interdependencies
● Ability to coordinate the development of project plans (work with business, ERM, compliance, audit)
● Ability to determine when issues must be escalated to senior management
● Ability to provide credible challenge on project plans and evidence of completion and
● Ability to drive action plans to completion on a timely basis.
Job ID: IRC128919