Social Svcs Dir IHCC
Responsible for coordinating and directing Social Services in accordance with federal, state and local regulations, established procedural guidelines and as directed by the Administrator.
- Applies standards of professional Social Service work practice.
- Demonstrates knowledge and respect for the rights, dignity and individuality of each resident in all interactions.
- Demonstrates competency in the protection and promotion of and advocacy for residents’ rights.
- Responds to resident behavioral and psychiatric issues by completing behavioral and psychosocial assessments, providing treatment recommendations and making referrals to appropriate mental and behavioral health providers.
- Coordinates discharge plans with residents and families.
- Assists patients and families with advance directives in accordance with Federal regulations.
- Resolves and tracks grievances.
- Completes psychosocial assessments of residents.
- Coordinates family council meetings.
- Coordinates ancillary appointments as necessary.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
For buildings with more than 120 beds: Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Social work, or Human Services field such as Sociology, Gerontology, Special Education, Rehabilitation Counseling or Psychology.
For buildings with 120 beds or less: Bachelor’s degree required.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Minimum of one year of supervised social work experience in healthcare or long term care setting working directly with patients. Previous supervisory experience.