The incumbent isresponsible for prospecting, soliciting, developing and maintaining business relationships with a clientele composed primarily of medium organizations operating in the commercial sector, with a view to promoting and selling products and services in order to grow the centre’s business. He or she uses his/her technical business knowledge and solid grasp of applicable frameworks to represent, negotiate and engage companies as part of complex agreements with significant impact on the business centre. He or she ensures consistency and balance betweensales objectives, sound and prudentrisk management,portfolioprofitability and member, client and partner satisfaction.
General Information on the Position
Desjardins Business – Outaouais is located in Gatineau and serves 4,500 members who are active primarily in the service industry, construction, the knowledge-based economy, forestry, food services, real estate and manufacturing. The Business centre operates in a market with strong business development potential; it has a business volume of $2.5 billion, and has 50 employees, including 6 executives, who work in a non-unionized environment.
- Initiate, develop and maintain personalized business relationships with current and potential clients in order to promote and sell the products and services offered by Desjardins.
- Act as an account manager by serving as a key intermediary between the business centre and members and clients. Ensure proper usage and updating of, as well as satisfaction with the products and services offered. Analyze sources of dissatisfaction and recommend potential solutions.
- Identify and analyze member and client needs, develop personalized solutions and prepare an integrated service offering. Negotiate applicable conditions with members and clients.
- Recommend strategies and solutions for achieving objectives by the business centre such as increased business volume, sound risk management, portfolio profitability and stronger business relationships.
- Use intelligence to identify opportunities for business development that will increase the competitiveness of the products and services offered.
- Execute various promotional activities as part of the centre's business operations. Participate in targeted public relations activities and participate actively in the business community.
- Be attentive to client and member needs to ensure their full satisfaction, seize business opportunities and, as needed, refer them to the right person to meet their needs.
- Adhere to all policies, practices and standards in effect, as well as the various laws governing the distribution of financial products and services. Provide sound and prudent risk management for all portfolios under their responsibility.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration (Finance option) or a related field
- 4 years of experience in financial advising for businesses
Other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- Knowledge of the latest financial, economic, policy and legislative developments
- Ability to perform analyses of the market and the business centre external environment
- Ability to perform financial analysis
- Knowledge of the characteristics and credit risk inherent to the major commercial, industrial and institutional markets
- Knowledge of loan and guarantee contracts
- Knowledge of products and services for businesses and those offered by caisses, components and Desjardins distributionnetworks and those of the competition
- Knowledge of financing and credit management practices related to businesses
- Knowledge of policies, legislation and standards governing the products and services offered by the business centre
- Knowledge of business credit authorization, monitoring, collection and recovery practices
- Knowledge of the Desjardins business processes
- Understanding of the referral process
- Familiarity with government business assistance programs
- Networking skills
- Strong sales skills
- Knowledge of service standards
- Understanding of cooperative and cooperative network values, rules and operations
- Bilingualism (an asset)
- Business acumen
- Interpersonal savvy
- Action oriented
- Customer focus
- Drive for results
- Standing alone
- Problem solving
- Timely decision making
- Decision quality
Other working conditions
- Number of position available :1