- Collaborate with team members to develop software solutions using agile-inspired development methodologies.
- Develop and test new applications using Python and Django.
- Support and debug existing applications.
- Develop scripts or queries to automate manual processes, migrate data to and from web systems, and provide reports as needed.
- Assist in providing time and difficulty estimates for assigned work.
- Optimize applications for heavy loads and better response time.
- Assist in the development of test coverage for our codebase.
- Seek to collaborate with design and user experience (UX) experts at all stages of the development process.
- Work from and communicate using both verbal and written communication, whether in person, via messaging programs, or through a task management system.
- Interpret and produce written requirements for features and fixes; provide useful code commenting.
- Use a Django-based content management system to create, edit, and troubleshoot content, products, templates, and other features for our content and design teams.
- And all other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Strong understanding of programming concepts, theory, and algorithm design.
- Moderate Python development skills.
- Working understanding of Django or other MVC/MTC platforms.
- Working understanding of Git.
- Basic understanding of databasetechnologies as pertaining to web application development.
- Familiar with full stack development methodologies and debugging various parts.
- Ability to communicate about technical topics and concepts in a clear way to a layman or to otherprogrammers.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- 2+ years’ experience in backend web development
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- 1+ years’ experience writing Python code (Python 3 preferred).
- Experience with the Ubuntu operating system a plus.
- Systems or business analysis work experience a plus.
- QA/Systems Testing experience a plus.