Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and build-out of new terrestrial and satellite networks supporting Internet and enterprise connectivity and value added services.
- Work with service partners to define, implement, and manage network architectural changes that will maximize the ability of KVH to best service its customers.
- Analyze network performance data and develop plans to address any service impacting trends.
- Work as necessary assisting KVH technical support and service partners to validate, isolate, and resolve issues during pilot and production phases.
- Provide Tier 3 support for data networking product issues and work with engineering to resolve issues as needed.
- Work with KVH Product Management to define product specifications as they relate to the mini-VSAT network.
- Define and track network quality metrics that allow KVH to deliver first class VSAT service to its customers.
- Technical Degreerequired; BS in Engineering or Information TechnologyDesired; Equivalent experience will be considered.
- In depth knowledge of TCP/IP, routing protocols (BGP, OSPF), LAN-LAN and SW client based VPNs, Linux and Available Open Source, Windows, and Internet Architectures, issues and services required.
- Recent hands on configuration experience with switches, routers and otherLAN/WAN data communications devices required
- Knowledge of satellite Internet systems, VSATs, WAN optimization, and Mobile Satellite Systems (MSS) desired.
- Basic Web scripting using PHP desired.
- Knowledge of database and web server systems and protocols desired.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally ~15% of time.
- Self motivated with a desire to work in a “Hands on” environment.