Seeking a strategic HR Business Partner who is aligned with the business unit’s needs and can effectively interface between the business and Human Resources. This HRBP must be well-versed in talent management, organizational development and team member management. This HR Business Partner will support a business unit or functional area, serving as the lead HR expert. Must effectively advise, consult, and communicate with senior and executive-level management with strategic thinking, anticipation and as a champion for organizational change. Takes initiative and makes decisions under pressure. Strategic thinker with strong project management and analytical skills. Strong business acumen and conflict resolution skills are required. This role requires being both an enforcer and an influencer.
The Ideal candidate has a collaborative working style, strong executive presence and experienceworking within a large organization supporting multiple locations. This role involves implementing HR best practices to support corporate values in partnershipwith senior executives, for an assigned client group. The role involves advising and consulting with executive management on a full range of strategic and tactical Human Resources issues, as well as developing, implementing and administering Bank policies and procedures. This role involves collaborating with and supporting the Head of HR, Employee Relations and HR Compliance. The role also involves conducting high profile special projects to support strategic HR initiatives.
Essential Job Functions
· Partner with senior leadership to provide HR support in developing and executing plans that optimize organizational design and development; talent management; employee development and employee relations.
· Provide individual and organizational coaching and consulting to senior management.
· Partner with the Talent Management Manager, to drive key performance management programs, develop critical competencies and leadership capabilities and review talent planning with senior executives in order to facilitate the attraction and retention of key talent.
· Collaborate with and assist the Director of HR, Senior HRBP & ER Manager with on-going projects and other human resources initiatives; also will lead various HR projects.
· Oversee the recruitment process as business needs dictate which includes managing leadership expectations, staffing models, cost containment, potential talent development, negotiating appropriate offer packages internally and engaging internal candidates in career discussions;
· Implement and administer HR policies and practices that are aligned with the business objectives and in compliance with all federal, state and other regulated agencies laws;
· Build and sustain relationships with various business partners, employees, Corporate HR and regional professionals to ensure effective delivery of HR objectives;
· Partner with the Employee Relations Manager and EEO Manager to develop solutions as it relates to employee relations issues.
· Assist in training and measuring results of HR processes and tools that impact the Bank. Train staff and measure functional performance against corporate HR initiatives; Data-driven approach to HR roll-out of corporate initiatives
· Experience driving successful organizational change within HR
· Able to reconcile complex human resources issues
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Organizational Development, Human Resources or a related field is required
· 12+ years of directly related experience in human resources
· 3+ years of experience as an HRBP
· Human resources leadership experience in financial services, corporate or professional services
· Must have recently experience in Sr. Human Resources Business Partner capacity within a multi-location company whose locations include California
· Knowledge of policy and program development.
· Experience in internal and external communications or public speaking.
· Thorough knowledge of employee relations, including human resources legal and regulatory issues.
· Familiarity with Financial services industry issues is preferred but not required. These include regulatory issues, risk & compliance, California Employment Law, etc.
· MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Top-tier negotiation skills