Ashland Global Holdings Inc. (NYSE: ASH) is a premier global specialty chemicals company serving customers in a wide range of consumer and industrial markets, including adhesives, architectural coatings, automotive, construction, energy, food and beverage, personal care and pharmaceutical.
Ashland is searching for a passionate, tenacious solver to join the Marketing Communications team to execute global external marketing communications. The position will be based in Wilmington, DE and reports to Ashland’s Director, Global Marketing and Business Communications. Familiarity with both B-to-B and B-to-C marketing for chemicals in the pharmaceutical, food, beverage, nutrition and agricultural markets is a plus. Up to 25% travelmay be required.
As a member of Ashland’s Marketing Communications Team, the successful candidate will be a self- starter that works well across a matrixed organization. S/he must have the confidence and ability to drive teams to consensus and keep projects moving forward. Responsibilities include developing, managing and executing communications that support business growth and protect and enhance Ashland’s brand and market presence. Primary deliverables include executing integrated marketing communications plans and tactics to support business growth objectives inclusive oftradeshows, advertising and public relations; content development for the website, literature development and updating. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with communications team colleagues, business unit leaders, marketing, sales and technical teams.
- The ideal candidate has at least 5 years of experience managing marketing communications for a global Fortune 500 company, preferably in the specialty chemicals sector. Familiarity with both B-to-B and B-to-C marketing is a plus.
- S/he also must be comfortable partnering with key stakeholders across the company to maintain an in-depth understanding of products, services and brand strategy to build and implement impactful external communications.
- Strong writing and editing skills are necessary.
- Previous agency briefing and relationship management as well as strong budget forecasting and reconciliation skills is mandatory.
- Plan, manage and execute pharmaceutical, food, beverage, nutrition and agricultural tradeshows and events globally in coordination with communications team colleagues and business unit leaders.
- Support marketing communications activities and execute deliverables with a primary focus on pharmaceutical.
- Manage and develop content for literature, webpages, and more.
- Draft press releases, manage approval of materials and distribution. Execute news bureau and Thought Leadership activities partnering with communications colleagues, business leaders and agencies.
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with communications team members and leaders within the different businesses.
- Ensure alignment of communications strategy with business priorities.
- Manage the monthly forecasting and reconciliation of the NA communications budget in support of thepharmaceutical, food and beverage and nutrition businesses.
- Develop and enhance communications-related performance metrics to measure effectiveness, progress and business impact.
- Coordinate the development of printed and digital marketing materials including newsletters, technical literature, presentations, direct mail, press releases and advertising.
- Familiarity with digital communications, Google analytics; experience analyzing data and reporting results.
**This job is based on a ladder structure and the job level (salary) will be determined by the quantity and quality of your experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, English, Journalism, or related field (MBA or master’s degree in related field is desirable).
- At least 5 years of marketing communications experience in a large international (Fortune 500) company.
- Proven track record of developing and executing business-to-business marketing communication strategies, plans, messaging, etc.
- Experience working in a global, complex and matrixed operating environment. Chemical industry and/or pharmaceutical experience is preferred.
- Experience providing direction/briefs for agencies and managing agency relationships and budgets.
- Experience building and managing communications budgets.
- Proven skill in using digital/social media to connect with stakeholders through compelling messages and stories.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Strong writing and storytelling skills. Familiarity with Associated Press style.
- Must understand the balance between global direction and local execution and how to make things happen.
- Experience working as a trusted advisor to management.
- Strong project management skills with additional experience developing communications plans against strategy and priorities.
- Ability to prioritize – and shift direction quickly – as business needs change.
- Must have strong PC skills; Microsoft Office Applications, Excel, proficient in PowerPoint.
- Strategic thinker with hands-on mentality. Ability and willingness to create and deliver integrated communications programs and materials for segmented audiences across the globe.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.