Director, Global Facilities
Oversee Global Real Estate, construction, and facilities, including but not limited to budget, project, /staff management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in multiple computer programs such as; Microsoft Word, Excel, OneDrive, PowerPoint, Project and Visio, Adobe Acrobat, AutoCAD and Photoshop
- Proficiency in Global Real Estate relations, local market policies, codes and laws (Real Estate License a plus)
- Proficiency in authoring, editing and managing architectural documents, including but not limited to; Civil, Mechanical, Landscape, Electrical, A/V, Acoustical, Structural, and Demolition
- Ability to design and initiate Request for Proposal (RFP) process for large projects and award bids
- Knowledge of contract negotiations pertaining to real estate, AIA contracts, and General contractor and conditions
- Knowledge of FDA building requirements for Manufacturing and Distribution centers to include cGMP standards
- Understanding of process systems design such as; Six Sigma, Instructional System Design (ISD), LEAN processes or Continuous Improvement (CI)
- Knowledge of Interior space planning, Interior design and branding as it relates to physical facilities, retail and office space, to include but not limited to; Personnel flow, optimum space requirements, furniture design, ergonomics, fabric and materials, colors and patterns, trending styles, tree and plant selection, and ability to work with multiple design firms.
- Ability to plan, organize and direct event functions to include internal employee, external public, and distributor events
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures to include; market laws, building codes and taxation, asset depreciation, construction methodology.
- Requires a bachelor's degree with at least 15years of experience in the field
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
Preferred Education Requirements: Not Applicable
Minimum Education Requirements: 4 Year College
Work Experience: 12+ Years
Management Experience: 12+ Years
Management Level: Directs a functional group or department
Principal Tasks & Outcomes:
1. Direct, corporate construction and maintenance of building systems including mechanical, electrical, fire/life safety, and elevators
2. Evaluate and recommend global planning strategies to support growth in markets for real estate acquisition, lease negotiation, physical assets, insurance, construction
3. Support $50+ million in Capex projects for physical assets to include manufacturing facilities and equipment, distribution center facilities and equipment, retail and WIC facilities, construction, fixed asset depreciation and tracking
4. Coordinates global non-IT capital projects and budgets for execution as outlined in Global Expense Approval Policy.
5. Lead and direct the work of Facilities, Services including but not limited to: performance evaluations, training, coaching, talent selection and termination, etc.
6. Incorporate industry best practices in all aspects of property management
7. Oversee demolition, expansion, construction, finish, etc. as required at various company sites