Portfolio Analytics & Strategy Specialist
5 - 7 years experience • Business Services
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Using data mining tools to develop underwriting strategy for thin file population with focus on PNC Student population
- Developing expectations on key performance indicators, reporting and test tracking for thin file and Student
- Developing new credit tightening and expansion strategies to manage credit losses and improve profitability
- Working with SAS data sets and other tools analyzing, extracting data and using statistical modeling/analytical skills to uncover hidden insights and data trends
- Identifying and working with with drivers of profitability, loss, and capital requirements, including funding costs, and profitability projection
- Supporting the business through ad hoc analyses
- Developing strong working relationships across all business partners and presenting results to business partners and senior management
PA - Pittsburgh
PA370 - One PNC Plaza
- Provides financial and regulatory reporting and analyses to maintain adequate controls over the financial and regulatory reporting processes. Responsible for running complex business performance, risk and operational analytics. May include the development of analytical methods/models to assess market, credit and/or operational risk of new and existing financial products.
- Leverages business / product expertise to rigorously analyze large datasets, improve risk adjusted returns, deliver profitable growth, and communicate conclusions. Synthesizes analytical results and develops, recommends, and implements business strategies that improve lending decisions, assist in managing risk, increase revenues, reduce exposure to losses, meet business goals, and improve performance. Establishes baselines for strategies and tracks actual performance to expectations.
- Applies predictive models, third party data, and other tools to develop and execute appropriate segmentation and targeting for acquisition and portfolio strategies to provide insight into portfolio risk. Manages engagements with internal and external information suppliers ensuring solution is fit for purpose while maintaining appropriate governance and oversight.
- Works with business, credit, data, and model development partners to design, develop, and monitor test designs and analytical reporting to track and enhance strategies. Designs / enhances standard reporting suites for regular product / portfolio reviews.
- Collaborates with the line of business, Finance, and Risk partners to assess and establish credit risk appetite and to understand its implications, as well as to establish policies and procedures governing the identification, monitoring, and management of risk appetite.
Manages Risk - Working Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
Job Specific Competencies
Analytical Approach - Extensive Experience
- Synthesizes ideas and information required for process improvement into a manageable form.
Big Data Management and Analytics - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge and ability to plan and execute, big data management and analytics.
Predictive Analytics - Working Experience
- Knowledge of, experience with and ability to use the tools, processes and practices for predicting business trends and providing forecasts that drive business decisions and business planning.
Risk Management Banking - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to use tools, regulations, and business practices to assess and control an organization's exposure to risk.
Credit Risk - Working Experience
- Knowledge of processes, tools, and techniques used to determine the degree of credit risk in a given transaction or customer relationship; ability to assess, rate and manage exposure to credit risk.
Performance Measurement - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize a variety of methods to measure the performance on a particular portfolio against industry benchmarks and related parameters.
Business Analytics - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of technologies, techniques and practices for the evaluation of business performance data; ability to analyze business performance using advanced statistical methods to justify and drive future business planning decisions.
Regulatory Environment - Financial Services - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to help an organization adapt to applicable federal, state, local, and company-specific regulations, policies, and guidelines affecting business practices.
Mathematics of Financial Instruments - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to perform the mathematical calculations that underlie various financial instruments.
BANKING PRODUCTS - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to provide products and services available through the retail banking branch.
Pricing Models and Analytics - Working Experience
- Knowledge of pricing tools, techniques and methods; ability to assess analytical and pricing models through the use of statistical principles.
Operational Risk - Working Experience
- Knowledge of policies and processes for operational risk management; ability to use tools, data, and best practices to identify, assess, and manage operational risk exposures.
SAS, SQL, Credit Card, Analytics, Product Analytics, Thin File, Credit Risk
Required Education and Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 5+ years of industry-relevant experience. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.