ABOUT OUR CLIENT:
At East Alabama Medical Center, our mission is high quality, compassionate health care, and that statement guides everything we do. We set high standards for customer service, quality, and keeping costs under control. We feel that our patients deserve nothing short of excellence, and we are committed to providing exceptional medical care with respect and compassion.
We focus on providing the best possible care for every patient, every time, and to do so with empathy, kindness and caring. In order to achieve our vision of being a national leader in quality, cost and service, EAMC has made a commitment to the continued pursuit of excellence with all of our partners to improve the quality of life for those we serve, to measure our progress against the highest standards in quality of care and quality of service, and to be fiscally responsible with our assets.
EAMC is a 340-bed regional referral hospital located in Opelika, Ala., that serves a six-county area and employs nearly 3, employees. EAMC is the largest employer in Opelika, and is Lee County’s second largest employer, behind Auburn University. Among the many services that EAMC and EAMC-Lanier provide are open-heart surgery and cancer treatment, both of which are highly acclaimed specialties at EAMC.
EAMC also operates additional services, including RehabWorks, HealthPlus Fitness Center, the Diabetes & Nutrition Center, the Wound Treatment Center, Sleep Disorders Centers and the Auburn University Medical Clinic. EAMC-Lanier has a nursing home, urgent care clinic and occupational medicine program. For additional information on EAMC, please visit www.eamc.org
Reporting to the Vice President of Human Resources and overseeing a team of 14, the Director of Human Resources is responsible for administering Human Resources policies and practices for the organization.
The HR Director will work closely with the HR Vice President to drive department strategy and develop the Human Resources department into an efficient, high performing operation, which effectively supports all of its constituency groups.
He/she will lead and direct the HR Team to excellence by constantly evaluating how the department can continuously improve HR operations for all of its customers, and by providing the highest level of Human Resources services possible to every person or department served by the HR organization.
In order for the department to become a center of excellence, the HR Director will need to be process oriented and focused on continuous improvement for the HR department.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
• Manages human resources operations by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining staff; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing staff job contributions; maintaining compensation; determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change.
• Leads by example and is a good coach/mentor. Looks for opportunities for employees to grow and develop. Collaborates with team and encourages them to strive for excellence.
• Implements human resources strategies by establishing department accountabilities, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, records management, employee relations and retention, AA/EEO compliance, and labor relations. Accepts accountability for self and team.
• Guides management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; communicating and enforcing organization values.
• Develops organization strategies by identifying and researching human resources issues; contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to organization strategic thinking and direction; establishing human resources objectives in line with organizational objectives.
• Develops human resources operations financial strategies by estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements, trends, and variances; aligning monetary resources; developing action plans; measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
• Supports management by providing human resources advice, counsel, and decisions; analyzing information and applications.
• Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
The selected candidate will have a proven track record of successful Human Resources management experience, with ever increasing levels of responsibility. HealthcareHRexperience in a hospital or healthcare system is required, with a preference for a background in supporting multiple locations and/or satellite facilities.
7 to 10+ years of healthcare human resources management experience is required.Experience should include increasingly responsible roles in Human Resources management, and should include employee relations and retention, talent acquisition/staffing, compensation, employment processing, health and welfare benefits, records management/HRIS, AA/EEO compliance, and labor relations.
Previous HRexperience in a management/leadership role is required. A bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or related field; and a Master’s degree is preferred. Professional Human Resources certifications are a plus.
Qualified applicants will also be required to have the following skills, attributes, abilities and personal characteristics:
Enthusiastic and energetic team leader. Coaches, mentors and encourages employees and looks for opportunities to teach and develop their skills to grow and develop.
Strong customer service mentality, focused on all ‘customers’ of the HR department.
Proven leadership skills in healthcareHR with experience in developing strategic initiatives, as well as creative or innovative solutions or plans.
Other characteristics sought in the ‘ideal’ candidate include:
? Possessing a composed, calm demeanor.
? Having sound judgement and skilled at making good decisions
?Diplomatic, tactful and sensitive to others
? Able to give, as well as take constructive criticism
? Approachable, friendly and available
? Fair, impartial and a good listener
? Advocate for the HR function
? Not afraid of change – open minded to new ideas and ways of doing things
? Good manager of people and resources, including budgeting and financial management
? Strong organizational skills, with ability to multitask and stay on point.
? Able to work on a variety of projects simultaneously and prioritize. Holds self and other accountable for results.
? Excellent writing and presentation skills
? High degree of ethical values, honesty, and integrity, which are of significant importance in the culture of EAMC.
? Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, working with senior leadership, as well as with employees up and down the organization across all of EAMCs different facilities
? High energy level, positive, enthusiastic, light spirited and optimistic
A competitive compensation package is offered, along with relocation assistance and a very attractive package of benefits.
If qualified and interested, please send resume via to Richard Ballard -Senior Research Director