Deputy Program Manager
Elliott Aviation, a leader in aircraft solutions, has an exciting opportunity for a Deputy Program Manager at their corporate headquarters in Moline, IL. Since 1936, Elliott Aviation has been a world-class provider of comprehensive and customer-focused solutions for business aviation. Our vision, building partnerships that last, applies to our employees as well as our customers. As Deputy Program Manager, you will play a key role in the planning, initiation, and execution of the T1A Avionics Modification Program.
The Deputy Program Manager will partner withinternal teams, subcontractors, and the customer to facilitate successful execution of the T1A Avionics Modification Program. This hands-on role will be responsible for multiple aspects of the program including program cost, schedule, delivery performance, quality, and risk management.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the Prime Contract, Statement of Work, Subcontracts, program plans, and deliverables and effectively manage program activities to achieve target results.
- Participate in planning the overall program and monitoring progress using Integrated Master Plans and Integrated Master Schedules.
- Assist the Program Manager with managing milestones and deliverables, customer interface, stakeholder communications, program reviews, and managing cost, schedule, and technical performance progress.
- Assist with the management of the program through all phases of the program life cycle and support compliance with Government regulations, company policies, and contractual commitments.
- Assist with the interfaces between the program office and subcontractors, engineering, quality, planning, finance, and operations to assure contract performance objective compliance.
- Assist with the preparation of reports, status updates, briefings, meetings and presentations.
- Assist with the implementation and execution of program plans to include risk management plans, subcontractor management plans, and quality assurance plans among others.
- Identify scheduling issues and conflicts, propose solutions, and routinely update and interface with the Program Team.
- Assist in the coordination of activities between the Integrated Program Team (IPT), Subcontractors, the Customer, Senior Management, and the Program Manager.
- Be a symbol of Elliott’s Mission, Vision and Core Values.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ideal candidates will be problem solvers who are adaptable, able to influence, and driven to deliver results with integrity in a fast paced/dynamic environment. Strong communication skills, detail orientation, and organizational skills are essential. Other requirements include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1+ years of experience in Program Management as a Program Manager, Assistant Program Manager, or Program/Project Coordinator
- Extensive knowledge of project / program management methodologies and techniques.
- Basic level of understanding the fundamentals of PMBOK (Program Management Body of Knowledge).
- Basic level of understanding of developmental program lifecycle stages.
- Ability to balance and manage internal and external stakeholder interests.
- Must have strong leadership and management skills.
- Experience in program planning and scheduling using Microsoft project.
- Must have a background in and be familiar with Government / DOD contracting methodologies such as integrated master plans, integrated masterschedules, formal risk management, and basic earned value.
- Experience with Government contracts, statement of work, CDRL’s and deliverables.
- A basic understanding of SOW requirements analysis, cost management, critical path scheduling methods and practices, and basic lean principles.
- Must have a background in and be familiar with Government / DOD contracting methodologies.