The College of Engineering at North Dakota State University (NDSU) invites applications and nominations for the position of Chair, Department of Construction Management and Engineering (CM&E). The Chair reports to the Dean of the College of Engineering and is responsible for administrative, budgetary, and personnel decisions within the Department. The Chair will be responsible for overseeing curriculum design, facility planning, and program implementation. The Chair is expected to lead the faculty and students in their quest for excellence in education and research, establish long-term goals for the department and create a vision for attaining these goals. The Chair is responsible for working with the Industry Advisory Board, building relationships with industrial supporters and alumni relations. The Chair will mentor and evaluate the faculty and staff and facilitate a collegial and productive work environment. The position will be a full time, 11-month appointment.
• An earned doctorate in construction management, constructionengineering, civil engineering, architectural engineering or related field, and a record deserving appointment as tenured full professor at NDSU;
• Evidence of excellent and recognized scholarship, education, and professional service in the field of construction management and engineering;
• Demonstrated potential for seeking and acquiring funds for scholarly research, growing industry partnerships, and other mission-aligned revenue generation while being responsible for managing financial resources strategically;
• Commitment to excellence in undergraduate and graduate education;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in both internal and external interactions;
• Commitment to enhancing the diversity of the department’s faculty and students.
• Certified Professional Constructor (CPC) or Professional Engineer (PE)
• Demonstrated evidence of curriculum development experience with ABET-EAC accreditation requirements and/or ACCE accreditation requirements, and knowledge of innovative curriculum development and implementation.
Opening Number : 1700531