Sales Representative - New Business Development ( Plastics Industry )
As a Sales Representative - New Business Development Manager with Verscene, you will play an integral role on our national sales team in a position dedicated to growing market share of our Diversiplast brand – a nearly 40 year old corrugated plastics product offering a solid reputation and exclusivity through our ongoing innovation. You will drive new sales primarily to direct end users spanning heavy industry and manufacturing segments throughout the United States.
This full-time position reports directly to the Sales Manager and is based out of Verscene’s headquarters in Minneapolis, Minnesota (Hwy 394 & Louisiana Blvd.) with 60-75% travel.
ADDITIONALLY IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Identify & develop new customers and work to design highly customized, technical plastic corrugated solutions – including custom containers, totes and protective covering involving die cut sheets and custom rolls.
- Monitor and analyze industry trends, market intelligence and competitor information as you work closely with the Sales Manager to establish and deliver sales and marketing strategies designed to achieve quarterly and annual revenue, net new customers/revenue, and profit contribution goals.
- Work closely with Verscene’s internal resources and associates (customer service, design, prototyping, extrusion and fabrication) to ensure open communications, understanding and a “win-win” approach to customers' needs and requirements.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS
YOU WILL EXCEL IN THIS ROLE IF YOU:
- You’re consultative by nature. You’re passionate about providing solutions to client challenges and prefer working in sales role that is more consultative and technical in nature (this isn’t a catalog sale). You’re astute when it comes to technical aspects of custom project orders and have an eye for details as you pull together the specifications of each order.
- You take full responsibility for your own success. You're driven and persistent, you easily remove barriers and are quick to form trusting relationships. You’re disciplined in your sales approach and consistently strive for excellence.
- You execute. You thrive in the "hunt" and relish in the “win”. You execute effective service and follow up that fuels retention and growth among customers.
- You’re a team player. You thrive in a smaller work environment where individuals across customer service, design, manufacturing and sales work together seamlessly to serve the customer.
TO QUALIFY, YOU WILL BRING:
- A BS/BA Degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years selling new business to new customers, preferably in industrial markets, and 3+ managing both new sales and service using a consultative approach working with products that are custom/technical by nature. Demonstrated understanding of sales and prospecting techniques and processes with a demonstrated history of success (new client acquisition, year over year growth, etc.).